Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts

The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all. ~Leo Rosten

Thats a great quote. I would have to say that happiness makes up 5% of my day, and the rest is knowing that I've done all I can do to try to make this world a little better, even if its just a speck in comparison to the entire planet.


The picture here is of a close friend's new baby, Dylan. Is this picture a classic?? Animals, children and the elderly - I am passionate about all three. We must take care of them as they are at the most risk for abuse. They are innocents and cannot protect themselves from the bad people out there. Dylan is just the cutest kid around. I think you will agree!:)

Timmy goes for his neutering tomorrow with Dr. Boehm. I don't think people realize, when you don't have help with animals through rescue groups, it costs a fortune to rescue one cat. His initial check up was $136 - this included a combo test for disease, regular check up, distemper and rabies shots. Tomorrow's neuter will cost $102. My credit cards take a beating when I rescue. Thank God for them though. Hopefully then, he will be adopted if I can get a spot to show him through Another Chance Pet Rescue, at Petco on Saturdays.

As far as this morning, I hurried in the dark to feed the sweeties out there because the forecast for rain was on. And it sure has been raining, teeming actually. I brought a wooden board for the spot I rescued Timmy at, to cover the bowls of food I still place there for the other kitties, including a tiny baby I got a glimpse of yesterday. I also now place a dish on a porch of a vacant house that hopefully feeds the three baby kittens I see playing in the road, mommy is nearby, and very friendly. I must get her fixed also. I wish I had more room in my house, and more money in my pockets to rescue her, and all the other sweet things out there. It was lonely at Spike's spot. I miss him terribly. But there were three kitties waiting for me when my car pulled up there. They follow me to the back of the lot like I am the Pied Piper. I think most of those three were the ones trapped this past Saturday and neutered.

Otherwise, its a new day, and I look forward to a brighter, drier day tomorrow! Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Janine, I love you!! posting my babies photo on your blog.
    I know you spend a fortune taking care of these kitties. I would like to help you out, although it is not much, i will be sending you something in the mail to help towards Timmy's vet bill and to help feed the other little ones. You are such a good girl..... God will bless you for this and if i win the lottery, i will take care of you!!!!!! love you.M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine bless you for all you do- and as i am reading your posts backwards, I am so glad to see in Wednesday's(?) post that you had someone transport to the HFC clinic for you today. i hope you can keep doing that- and make your money go SO much farther and help so many more cats. It seems that in rescue it is all (in large part) about stretching the dollars, which IS getting harder and harder to do- so congratulations on finding people to help you. I know how hard it is the get to the clinics around working a "regular" job too.

    and i love the pictures your friend draws of the cats. They would make great kitty note cards. seems it would be easy to print them as cards and sell them to support your rescue work-

    ReplyDelete