Monday, August 22, 2011

Random Ramblings

Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful. ~Author Unknown

Good one. In between running around like mad, having a bad summer cold, and just plain not feeling 100% healthy, its been a really busy weekend. I think about this rescue business, and its hard, and its complicated, and there are so many factors involved. When you depend on others to help you, it just gets more complicated - politics become involved. You have people that are sensitive, so you have to do and say the right things. We all have a common goal, so you just have to bite your tongue sometimes, and just let things go. I know I have had to humble myself completely in the past few years, and I have shed more tears not only on animals, but OVER PEOPLE than I would ever admit. People can hurt others with their words or actions and might not realize it. Or at least I like to think they don't realize it. Sorry, enough rambling. This past weekend was busy out there. Sunday morning I had a little scare. I was at my first spot, where by the way, the VERY pregnant kitty I picked up a few days before - she just delivered five kittens yesterday! - I was placing food down on the porch of the empty house, and I heard a very loud thumping of music coming from an approaching car. There are NO cars out at 5 am., so not only was I leary about the actual car, but the music was deafening. I could not believe how loud it was, and I have heard loud music. The car slowed at the corner after going past my parked car - the occupants had the window open. I was placing food down in the dark and they shut the music off, and said something, and drove very slow. They were within feet from me. I was scared. I thought, well this is it. There aren't too many times I've felt that, but this was one of them. I think the fact that they were driving around at 5 am. with music that loud thumping was enough to scare me. Let alone they turned it right off and were watching me. I did hurry back to my car, heart racing. It downpoured the rest of the day, so I am glad I got to place food down at all my spots before their food got soggy. Attached is a picture of my twins, Juju and Nikki. I need to get them spayed and adopted! They are two of the sweetest

little DEVILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment