Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Chain has been Rattled

There were three moments this morning where I was upset about something. I take that back, there are many more, but these stood out. First was shooing off the three racoons that continue to hang out on Third Street eating the kitties food on the porch. I drive past there after I have done the next four spots just to see if they are up there gobbling the food down and dirtying the water, and sure enough, they were there again this morning. The poor pathetic little things, I do feel bad for them, but that leaves nothing for the cats for the remainder of the day and night! Don't know what to do about that. My next stop after that is where a man has been fixing up his house, hasn't lived there, and was nice enough to tell me he wanted my stuff out by end of July, I think he said. Well, I didn't move because I didn't have a spot to relocate for the four babies I feed there, and it was a perfect shelter for cats. In fact its in my video, where the plank hits my head. Well, I got there and he had taken it down. The little hut is still there but the boards were all piled up. I must call him today to beg his compassion. How can someone be so mean? He knows it feeds and shelter these animals. I just don't get it! Thirdly, there was always this kitty that was very very pretty, and very very sweet, that came up to me at a spot on Bay and First where I place food for ferals. I was told he belonged to a house on First. He never seemed hungry, just wanted to be loved and petted. Well, for about a month now there has been a cat that looks like her way down yonder on Second and Pennsylvania, pretty far for a cat to wander. (hey, that rhymes!). Well, this morning, I drove to the house on First Street with the intention of leaving them a note and my number about the cat, and noticed that the chimes and such on the porch were not there anymore, and I realized these people must have moved, and left their cat! This really beautiful, and I am sure fixed cat, is now homeless! What horrible people can just move and leave their cat to fend for themselves! So, here is another cat I must rescue. How can people do this??? She is way too friendly to be out on the streets, or fight the winter to come. I will try to get a picture to share with you. She is a really pretty kitty. That was my morning. I include a pic of my Smokey and Toonces. Aren't they SWEET.

No comments:

Post a Comment