Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Maddening Monday!

I know... I am getting very lame with my titles these days. I am just so busy, I can't even think of names for the kitties I rescued. I am attaching pics of the babies, and an expectant mother I rescued yesterday morning, and obviously in the nick of time, as the vet that tested her for leukemia said she is ready to pop. She tested negative, thank God, and I did name her Whiskers (how original!). Heather, a/k/a The Kitty Midwife, with Another Chance Pet Rescue, has her for now. I have the two little ones, temporarily named Stephy and JuJu. Yesterday, as I held them both in my hands, and rubbed their little bellies with each thumb, I heard the loudest motors coming from the both of them. One louder than the other. It was a proud moment! To take kittens that have been living on the streets and not have them turn feral by the time you get them is a miracle. They say after 5 weeks chances are that they will turn feral. These kitties are maybe around 7-8 weeks old, and they have turned out to be totally sweet and sociable. Even playful now. Every day is a new discovery for them, and for me. I rarely have kittens. I MUST get them adopted, so stay tuned for more news on them. Both girls by the way. Other than that, its pretty normal out there each morning. Several severe thunderstorms occured over the weekend, and would scare the bejesus out of a human let alone a cat or dog outdoors. I chased several racoons off the porch on Third Street, they are there every single morning. They are hungry, and FAT, but that leaves nothing for the food the cats at that spot depend on. I must figure something out about this situation. Raccoons CAN climb. I was under the assumption from reading that they couldn't. Does anyone have a raccoon solution?

1 comment:

  1. Raccoon solution #1;
    Call animal control and tell them there are rabid looking raccoons that have been killing cats in the neighborhood. Maybe they will come and get rid of them

    Raccoon solution #2:
    12 gauge shotgun

    ReplyDelete