Friday, August 12, 2011

Finally Friday

I have the day off this morning, and as usual, its so full of stuff I need to do/get done, that I am not enjoying it so far. I got up the usual time, 3:30 to feed my indoor brood, then lay back down for an hour until 4:30 to get ready to get out there and feed my outside brood. I waited until about 5:20 this morning as its SO DARK out there. Way too scarey, even for me. I am used to going out when d

awn is just cracking. There were the usual suspects of kitties waiting for me. Nothing was touched further at the location where the man is going to kick me out. The shelter is so nice there, I am just very upset about it. I tried to call him yesterday, left a message, but he has not called me back. I pray he will work with me. Even if I have to pay him rent for the spot! I feed so many cats each morning. I had to chase off two of the three raccoons at one spot. They are just plain pigs! They leave the water dirty, and gobble all the food! I did my grocery shopping, and its unbelieveable what I spend on food for the cats. I have mentioned in the past its like $5,000 a year, well, with the price of food going up, its now $6,000 a year. And thats just for the outside cats! I buy both wet and dry. I feed them mostly dry, but they will need more wet in the coming months when winter sets in to fatten them up. I am thankful for the occasional food donations I do get. Thank you to those who have helped me in the past. Thank you so much. Its so nice to have that extra bag - that extra bag saves me $10. Seriously. I don't know how much longer I can do this, I need a break! Have a great day - tomorrow, I will be sharing with you pictures and an update on a kitten I rescued and adopted out last October. Wait until you meet Mickey! PS, guess who might be getting adopted today... yes, thats right... TIMMY!!! Fingers crossed! I will let you know tomorrow how it goes! Picture attached is a picture a very good friend of mine drew. It is of her cat Moonbeam. She was a stray found blind near St. Paul and Hartle Street in Rochester. Can you believe how talented she is? She has done a whole series of these type of pictures - they are called pastel drawings - I consider them caricatures - of her cats, and other subjects she has come across. Kristin is a huge animal lover and her goal with these pictures is to sell them and raise money to go towards helping animals. I am going to feature some of these pictures throughout my posts. Reproductions are available for sale if interested. When I first saw these, and I am a true sap, my eyes teared up because so much love went into them. Just wait until you see the rest!

1 comment:

  1. who ever is getting Timmy--is getting a sweetheart.....

    Janine--you are a wonder.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete