Tuesday, August 30, 2011

If You Could See What I See...

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. That is so true too. Some people have such sad lives, that when someone walks by and gives them a smile, it really means the world to them. It does me! That person took the time to acknowledge me! Even in the simplest of ways. Thats sort of true with these animals I feed in the morning. They may not be acknowledged by anyone during the day in the neighborhoods I go to, but when I am there in the dark mornings putting down their meagher meals for the day, I talk softly too them, pet and scratch their heads when they let me, and make little kissy sounds so that they know its me, a familiar sound to them. I have seen so many kittens this past week. They just come out of the woodwork. They are still tiny enough to get just so close to my finger, take a sniff, and run off. They are not feral yet, not totally afraid of humans. Its sad to see them, so pretty and sweet. If only we had more people to adopt, we could get these babies off the streets. If only we had people with barns, we could get these babies off the streets. If only I had a ton of money, I could open a shelter of my own and get these babies off the streets. I remain hopeful. And I continue to plunk down weekly a dollar and a dream at the lottery machine! At

tached is another picture of my good friend Kristin's art work. If you have any interest, please let me know! She is truly gifted, and could draw a picture of one of your babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment