Friday, August 5, 2011

TGIF

I have the day off today, its been wonderful, but when I say I have the day off, I mean from work, not from feeding the critters. And when I say critters, I mean ALL critters. I have been offered a few spots at a spay/neuter clinic for Sunday, so I was asked not to feed at a certain spot (where Spike resides) in order to get them hungry so that they go into the traps to be set for tomorrow morning. There are several females. This is where Copper came from, and many many others, and where Spike waits for his forever home. This is where this blog began, way back when there was a boarded up house set for demolition the very day after the day I discovered newborn kittens inside the house in a mattress. The kittens were saved, but many cats have lost their lives in this area, including bunnies. And Spike has been around for all of that plus more. And when I say I feed critters, I see racoons every single morning. In fact, in one spot, they waited, three babies, under a porch so I didn't even bother to feed in an area where I normally go to behind Paul's house. The cats suffer for it. I can usually chase them off for a few hours so the cats can eat, but these weren't going anywhere. And thats the way it is. I place the food down, the cats eat until I don't know when but those coons always work themselves into the food and eat it all and dirty the water. This is at most of my spots, so no wonder these cats are so very hungry each and every day. Wish me luck tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment