Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When Tragedy Occurs, Try to Find Meaning in Life, and Realize What is Most Important To You

If we could all hear one another's prayers, God might be relieved of some of his burdens. ~Ashleigh Brilliant



A very tragic situation has happened to a fellow cat feeder/rescuer. Her house burned down a few days ago with all eight of her cats inside. Ann is 73 years old and has been a devoted caregiver to animals for many many years. I just recently met her through e-mail where we have exchanged a number of messages due to her feeding on property that belongs to my place of employment, and I rallied for her to the boss and she was granted permission. Unfortunately, the people that live in the apartments don't like her feeding the cats and have destroyed her shelters a number of times. Ann has lost everything, including all eight of her precious babies, her cats, and Ann is 73 years old. I cannot imagine losing everything in one fell swoop like that. It would be almost too much to bear, but tragedy strikes all of us in some form - losing our parents, loss of a child, loss of a home or even a dear pet, and somehow we cope, even though it is the most excruiating pain we will ever feel. We get through it. I still can not fully understand or describe how this situation has impacted me because it could have been me. All I know is that my life has been changed and I am truly moved by what has happened. It makes me strive to be a better person and to live up to my full potential. It makes me so grateful for the wonderful friends and family in my life and how I must cherish these relationships and make sure that people know how much I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment