Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

This morning, as I was heading out of the house around 5:10 a.m., I heard rain hitting the awning over my porch door, and then heard the rumblings from a distant clap of thunder.  I hurried, but knew I wouldn't be able to beat the storm.  Lets just say I was pretty wet by the time I got home.  I feared being struck by lightening, as there was plenty of it.  Most of you wouldn't know that because at 5 am., you were snug under your covers dreaming of log cabins in the woods or something or other...  I am keeping one of the cats at my house for the day.   Its one I had neutered yesterday, had every intention of returning it to its location, but its very young, has stitches on her belly, and didn't seem to be doing all that great.  I thought she deserved one night on a nice comfy blanket with all the food she wanted to eat.  This morning when I checked on her, she hadn't eaten much, and what she did eat she had thrown up.   So with the rain, and her not feeling well, I am keeping her in for the day.  I did leave a note for Miss B, the older woman who claims they are her cats (but yet they are out there in storms, waiting under the tree every single morning, unneutered, and starving.  I left her a note to call me so that I could tell her about the cat, and hoping to ask her if I can set up some sort of shelter for the cats at her house.  She wound up calling me, and agreed to have me come over with the little kitty and I could show her my idea for a shelter outside of her house, which is just a few houses down from the corner where I've been feeding these four cats all summer now.  There is one left to get spayed.  Anyways, boy can I make a short story long... !   I will bring kitty to her house when I get home from work today.  Yesterday I released the other kitty, a male, to his spot when I got home from work.  There were many people around, and I made it a point to speak to a few to let them know I was not there dumping a cat, like so many people do.  I explained what I do, and what I was doing, and they really seemed touched by what I was doing.  So touched, I even had a guy ask me if I was single, telling me I was 'fine'.  hee hee.  This morning, that same cat was there waiting for me.  I was glad to see him.  You wonder sometimes if they are so freaked out they won't come back.  I am attaching a picture of the little kitty I have at my house right now, she is a precious little thing, and I hope I am doing the right thing by bringing her back to the 'hood'.  My two kittens I am fostering also returned from being spayed yesterday.  They seem to be doing quite well also!  But I need to get them adopted because my own brood are quite jealous of these youngsters!  I found this picture on a blog of a cyber friend of mine, she is a very talented author, and she posts great information.  This is a book full of fashion for cats that is adorable.  I love the pictures!  I am sure my cats would not be too amused, but then again, some of them might, like my Cosmo, who will let me do just about anything to him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment