Monday, August 8, 2011

Muggy Monday!

My weekends are SO FULL. I don't know how I do it, but I do. I thank God I am still young enough, and healthy, to do what I do. I just couldn't do what I do if I weren't. Saturday morning, with Heather's help, we managed to trap four cats at one location, and placed another sweet kitty that was post partum into the fifth trap. They were all to be neutered/spayed at a clinic that Heather works for on Sunday morning. Spike turned up in one fo the traps. I was hesitant about that because I didn't think Spike would ever trust me again if we were to hold him for two days in the trap, and then let him out again, and I have wanted to rescue him for a long time now. He has been through many harsh winters already. Well, I got the call on Sunday that he tested positive for leukemia, and had to make the heartbreaking decision to have him euthanized. And it is heartbreaking. That cat came to trust me after two very long years. He was a gentle boy. I so wanted to save him. But I would rather he go to heaven than suffer any longer out there. He has been sick for so very long. But the good news is that there are now four other cats out there that will not reproduce. But my mission continues in full swing. I must help more. I love you Spike.

2 comments:

  1. Fly Free Spike. Your suffering is over. You were loved.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spike knows your love.

    God bless you.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete