Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hope



Well, I have a bit of it, just a tiny bit of it today. There is a girl who happened to find me from Craigslist, the only legitimate response I got from anyone. There are so many crackpots out there. Not sure what its all about - I know Craigslist helps some people, but it turned out to be a nearly bad experience for me, with so many wierdos writing back to me. But Andrea seems nice. She offered to foster two kitties I am trying to get off the street. Not sure which ones she will pick, but I hope its soon. They are there every single morning waiting for me, and very very hungry. Raccoons must get to the food after I leave, which means they don't eat for the rest of the day or night, until I get there the next morning. Or have water. Its really terrible. And then the rains came this morning after I put the food down, which dampens the food, and attracts the flys by the gazillions. So another day of misery for all of these kitties that are lucky enough to be on my route. I met a dude named Andre this morning who always waves to me on his way somewhere on Central and Hebard. Young guy, half my age, told me I had nice legs. He asked doesn't my husband tell me that after I went shy and coy with him. These guys always ask lines like that when they are trying to determine if you are single like that. I never say a word. Let em wonder. Let em hope. That way they won't turn against me, and will try to help me. To end this post, we need more veterinarians to help out with neutering at low cost. I could never afford at my own vet, nor any others, because they need to see the cat first, do testing, shots, etc. which is close to $200 the first visit. Now if you have feral, or semi-feral cats, or even strays but you can't keep them, what are you supposed to do with them between first and second appts? And my vet only does surgeries once a week. So that is impossible. We need more compassionate cats to help out with this overwhelming population of ferals and strays. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment