Monday, August 16, 2010

Turn a blind eye...

Isn't that the saying when you choose to ignore something that is happening? This morning was a real wet one! Lots of storms passing through the night. Bad sleeping for me! All kitties at all spots were waiting for me this morning, except for Central Park and Second kitties. No Benny, and the other couple of adults and one kitten were not there. Whitey was, the one I am a bit afraid of because he is friendly but skittish, he will bite or scratch when you least expect it, but rub his head against your legs constantly. So I just cannot turn my back on him. Of course, doggie was out during the storm. I am just sick about it. Apparently, the 'authorities' were there this past weekend, but there is no change in the conditions of this dog. There is now a plastic bin that is turned on its side (which I moved closer to the dog when I went and put water and food in its bowls last Thursday), and I am just praying the guy feeds it and gives it food. It is the sweetest little cockapoo, but just totally neglected. I wonder if its ever let off its 3 foot chain. As for turning a blind eye, there are three kittens at an artistic company where I feed, which had the attention of the director there, including a shop owner next door, but they chose to ignore the situation and there are baby kittens running all over the place now. I tried to help them, and was pretty much told I was to leave them alone. I haven't, but its pathetic what people choose to ignore, instead of taking a few extra steps out of their day to fix a situation. I just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment