Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hebard Street


This morning I had a 'friendly' confrontation with a woman on Hebard. She lives in the house next to the garage where I feed kitties. She lives across the street from the evil woman who keeps taking the bowls that I feed that baby kitten(s) (one of the two was killed last week, which I posted about) and mother whose property they were born on, under the camper in her back. The woman is also the daughter of a "Reverand" who introduced herself to me a few years back. She was kind, didn't like cats, but didn't have a problem with me. This woman also runs a day care at her mother's place. She stopped her van this morning at 5:45 am. before pulling into her driveway and told me she didn't want me feeding the cats anymore. She said there were raccoons and skunks all over the place. I vehemently told her that I would not stop feeding the cats due to their starvation, but that she needed to do something because it was HER neighborhood. I told her to call animal control. I explained to her that I have rescued many many cats already from her street, and that I am going to try to TNR the mother cat actually tomorrow morning, where I have an appt. with Habitat for Cats. The only one I get once a month. I told her they are all God's creatures, and that I would not stop until they are all gone. I told her I am just helping to curb their suffering. Of course, these are not the exact words I said, but it was a very heartfelt plea to her that she needed to take some responsibility for these cats as its her neighborhood. I told her I can't do it alone, but stressed I would not stop. And that was that! Not sure what she will do at this point, but we will see. Other than that, a quiet, DRY morning. My next plan of attack, after I try to TNR tomorrow morning, is to talk to Paul on Second Street to see if he will allow me to put a shelter behind his house. That will be a biggie. Wish me luck! PS, the picture is of RED, the kitty I tried to trap for a few weeks now. He's a smart kitty! When I first saw Red, he was skin and bones! Red is looking for a home desperately!

No comments:

Post a Comment