Monday, August 9, 2010

Do the right thing...

This morning was usual. Did my 7 out of 9 spots, now it takes me up to 40 minutes on a good day, from leaving the house to returning. Thank God I'm an early bird! Dilemma: This little white maltese, or whatever type of dog it is, cockapoo? Its the dog I've been closely observing for a week now. Its definitely being neglected. Its hair covers its eyes, its dirty, and its bowls are questionable. Not sure how long its been since the water was changed, no food... when did it last eat? The chain its on allows it only to move a foot, if that. Its in the back yard of a house next to the lot I feed on on Central Park, near 2nd Street. Number 330. I know what I SHOULD do, but worried about retaliation from the owner because first off, I am probably the only one who can see this dog. Second, I am the only one who would CARE about an dog, let alone any animal, in that neighborhood. But then again, he wouldn't know FOR SURE it was me, if I called the Cruelty hotline. And would they do something about it? Is neglect considered cruelty? This would make someone a sweet little pet. You can tell its older too. Any advice anyone can share with me is more than welcome... I can always be reached at janinethebean10@yahoo.com because I check it often. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment