Monday, August 23, 2010

Running on Empty

I find my self running out of things to talk about the past few weeks. Ever since this dog thing, and now its like Day 4 of Where did the dog go? The little cockapoo reported neglected has not been seen. And I rescued Stripes from the street, and have an appt. for a trap neuter return this Wednesday (TNR), but the rain has been horrible. For both me and the cats. Its gotten me down, and I am sure the cats are suffering for it, especially the kittens. Its not fun for anyone who has to be outdoors. This has been a pretty rotten summer weatherwise. I love heat, and sun, don't get me wrong, and we had plenty of both, but too much rain and humidity as well. Its hard getting up in the morning and hearing the raindrops, and knowing you have go to out in it and feed those cats. Those cats I wouldn't have to feed if we only had a shelter to bring them to. A safe haven, where they could live their lives out. And now it doesn't get light out until 6 am. so I am out there now in the dark at 5:30 due to the cruel people who want to take down the pittance of a shelter I can provide for them with a piece of plywood to cover their food, so that it gives them time to eat before the light of day and these evil people can see it and come out to tear it down. It'll get better, I keep telling myself that! In fact, when I walked in this morning, dripping, I said to Mary Jane (cat) who was looking at me as if I were a wet fish, 'all is well'! I continue to remain optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment