Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Diary



Its just been a crazy week so far. Began with the kitten rescue, and the food donations I received from two very wonderful people, with an offer from two others I have yet to take their offers on... The kittens are doing well. I attach the post bath pictures of them. Their names are Milo and Otis, and they were adopted by my co=worker Carol, and her sweet daughter Lily. I am so thankful for them. They are the same girls that adopted a kitten I rescued last spring that was thrown out a window somewhere near Bay Street, about the same age too. I am just so thankful for them! These are two very lucky kittens. There are kittens out there that are not so lucky. They are a bit older than these two wee ones, but somehow their fate was not as desperately determined as had been the trapped and motherless two we rescued iin the house on Niagara where Milo and Otis were born. The kittens that remain out there are vulnerable to racoons, other cats, people, cars, etc. Its very sad, because they are just as cute.

My mornings have all pretty much been the same, except for Sunday morning, when we went back to Niagara to place food and water down for another kitty that is left, no not a kitten, but an adult cat, and there was this woman that hollared to me from across the street for a light, and as she walked over, and I lit her literal stub of a ciggerette, she thanked me, asked if I had a dollar, I gave her $5, and she hugged me and almost started to cry. I told her to use it wisely. How sad. I then wanted to go home and take a hot shower, but I thought to myself, how lucky I am. Even with all my little ailments, my complaints about this and that, just walk a day in her shoes. She told me it was her birthday, and who knows if it really was, but I thought, for her to reach out to hug me, hey. Everybody needs a hug! And mine was proably the only hug she has had in a while. I was grateful, and humbled.

On another note, my hot water heater tank has bit the dust, so I have to deal with that. Its always something...

No comments:

Post a Comment