Monday, August 30, 2010

Good Times

I was speaking to my neighbor Gerri yesterday morning, Sunday, and she asked if I wrote on my blog. I told her no, I had to take a break from it on the weekends. I then said, its always so sad, and she nodded her head. You know, I know its sad. I just can't sugar coat what I write. I hate that. I wish I could. I wish there were more happy things than sad things. In fact, I am convinced even my closest friends don't read this blog anymore because they can't handle the sadness. People tend to not do things that make them feel sad, and I am sort of with them on that, but I have to do what is right, no matter how it makes me feel. This weekend I had my share. This morning I trapped another kitten from Hebard Street. I am determined to get most of these poor animals off the street before the winter sets in. In my opinion, its far more humane to do this. And as I mentioned, I can't keep doing what I am doing. I am now up to six huge bags of dry food a week, and three 24-packs of the wet 9-Lives. Its costing me a fortune. And not to mention, the areas I go into are so dangerous. So I need to whittle down these feeding areas, and I can't just let them starve to death. So I feel the shelters for either possible adoption or most likely euthanization is the way to go. And you can tell me how wrong this is, but you aren't out there helping me with my situation. I am feeding close to 40 cats a day. No one has offered help. Also, yesterday, I spoke to Foster Mom Andrea, who took in Stripes a week and a half ago. Things were working out great, until he went through her screen on her third floor bedroom window, and got out Saturday night. I am sick and heartbroken over this. I pray she takes dramatic steps in finding this poor soul. Please keep an eye out for Stripes! He is a good boy! I will find and post his picture here shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment