Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peaceful Easy Feeling...

It was peaceful out this morning. Very quiet except for me tripping my car alarm at one point at 5:50 am. on 7th Street, and stepping on a kitty's foot and having it let out a wild meow on 2nd Street at 6ish a.m. The girls - Ruth, Helen and Geneva were out doing their every single day walk. They canvass the entire neighborhood, from Goodman to Niagara Street. I would love to join them sometime, but I never have the time. Yes, the cockapoo pup was outside again, still. Not sure what I am to do about this. I am going to try to get in touch with the owner to see if he will give the dog up, and find a home for it. Thats only if the authorities have not been there yet, which I will be calling again this morning. I was treated poorly when I called the Humane Society Cruelty hotline. Its almost like YOU are the bad guy when reporting something. They have no care, time or compassion for the situation. ITs not like I want to talk their ear off, but mine is a somewhat unique situation where I feed daily next door to where I am making a report of. Thats different. I also spoke to a wonderful girl who is going to take one of the 5 cats I need to desperately get off the street, she will foster it, who volunteers at the Verona Street shelter. She said most of the staff there are rude and mean. What is it with these people? WE are the good guys! They should be more considerate of us, so that we feel we are doing the right thing, the kind thing. Not the other way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment