Monday, March 10, 2014

Great Quote! & UPDATES!

Before I forget, two weeks ago this past Friday, our little Zoey (aka Winky), who died of FIP at the tender age of not quite a year, was loved by more than just me and Tracey, and all of you, and of course her parents, Chelsea and Dan, but also by Another Chance Pet Rescue, who stepped in and offered to TRY to mend their broken hearts with one of their kittens, free of charge.  Here is their story.  Thank you Another Chance!


Hi Janine,
Dan and I went to Petco today to look at the kittens from another chance pet rescue. This was exciting, but also difficult as we wish we could just have our sweet Zoey all day every day. After taking our time and holding several kittens we decided on a beautiful 10 mth old boy. He is very sweet and snuggled up with us for a while.

We will be bringing him home on Monday (going away this weekend) which gives us more time to bleach the rest of Zoey's belongings. He is very different from Zo which I think is good. We will keep her forever in our hearts. We miss her everyday, but we know we did the best thing for her.

We are really looking forward to Monday and really think that our new kitten Lloyd( Danny picked the name haha) will help heal our broken hearts. <3 em="">


Great story.

Another great story, I went and picked up Teddy from his foster mom Gail's home, and as sad as it was for all, he went to another great home, his forever home!  What a wonderful family they are too.  A little four year old, and a not quite two year old, and a set of great parents!  I am getting updates from them as yesterday was Day Two.  Fingers crossed everyone will settle in.  Thank you Gail for your determination and patience, knowing we would find him a good home.  I wish I had more fosters like Gail.  Please consider it!

Celia
In the meantime, Bittens is doing much better.  She is sitting for a measureable amount of time at the food dish and nibbling her kibbles and bits!  I went to pick her up yesterday from the woman that runs Kitten Korner Rescue, a wonderful lady that cared for Bittens the past week, much better than I could have, and got her back on the healthy track.  I put Bittens in with who I believe is her mom Celia.  Yes, you are right, I did NOT return Celia to the street!  She is too sweet, and will make someone a wonderful cat!  Spread the word!  She needs a foster!  I placed Bittens with Celia because I felt Celia was lonely all by herself, and I thought that they would instantly know each other.   Not quite.  Celia booed and hissed.  Remember, Celia is the kitty that was pregnant with 11 kittens last week, was spayed, and brought to my home for recovery.  Bittens, the five month old, was rescued that cold morning two weeks ago from the same spot.  I believe Celia had a litter already, having seen one of her kittens when Kristin and I went to try to make some sense to the vile woman in the house on the corner, who didn't believe "her" cats should be spayed.  We were actually originally there bringing her litter and food, which she had requested the prior week.

Bittens Playing This Morning
I am running out of time once again, it was a very busy weekend for me.  The weather has been somewhat mild, but half a foot of snow is expected tomorrow or Wednesday.  Oh March, how you've disappointed me! 

Lots more to come tomorrow, including the story of the microchipped kitty brought in for neutering on Thursday.  If you didn't read Friday's post, check it out.  Thanks for listening!


"Just remember you can't put your arms around a memory, so hug someone you love today."

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait to hear the story of the mirco-chipped kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive my ignorance but why did you put Celia back on the streets? Good news about Bittens. GREAT news about Teddy. I've had my eye on him for quite some time. So glad he found a good home. -Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine stated above sha did not return Celia to the streets,and is looking for someone to foster her since her house is full of Cats.

      Delete
  3. So happy for Chelsea and Dan for adopting Lloyd. Not only did they do the right thing for Angel Zoey !They are giving another rescued Kittie the great life they gave their precious Zoey. I am confident Lloyd will help ease their pain over the loss of Zoey.Thank you Chelsea and Dan for welcoming another Kittie into your kind lives.
    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete