Friday, March 7, 2014

Holy Catwoman Batman!!! - FRIDAY PART DEUX

Part Two

Man oh man!

So, the decision I made this morning to get the cat on the corner of Fifth and Central was a good one.  I needed to fill a spot because my friend Pattie couldn't get both cats she had planned on for neuter/spay - the ones I mentioned yesterday that have been hanging out in her garage in the country.  I got a call from the clinic this afternoon and not only did they tell me that CELIA was negative for leukemia, they asked if I was 'ready' for the next bit of news:  She was pregnant with ELEVEN kittens!!!  They were only marble sized, but ELEVEN.  WOW. That was a really good catch!!  Eh?  Talk about divine intervention.  She surely could have died during childbirth when the time came, and where would she have had these babies, in the snow?  In the rain?  Under a porch?  Behind a shed?  And we all know all ELEVEN kittens would not have survived either.  Celia has now been spayed.  She will be producing no more kittens for me to feed on these streets.

So, I will be picking her up after work, and bringing her to my home to recover, and then will have to put her back on the street tomorrow.  THAT's the hard part.  Having to put them back on the street.  Especially when they are so sweet.  I truly believe she is Bitten's mother.  I remember speaking to the extremely ignorant people on the corner that they did NOT want her spayed, the same people who let a tiny baby kitten out overnight in 20 degree weather, the same people who allowed that other tiny kitten last summer to nearly die amongst the group of them standing on the porch on that hot summer day that I walked right up to it and took it.  Makes me so angry.  Its like they should not be allowed to have animals!  There has to be a law!

ELEVEN.  Amazing.

Speaking of Bittens, after she used her litter box, her angel nurse, founder of Kitten Korner Rescue, who offered to care for her until she was well, told me that must have been what was causing discomfort for her.  She will be monitored for another day and then see whats up, but she is acting normal, playful, and eating a bit more since.  Hallelujah!

OK. now, are you ready for this?  WAIT TIL YOU HEAR THIS!!!  It just keeps getting better and better.

I just now AGAIN got a call from the clinic.  The other cat we brought in this morning, the boy, not only was neutered already, but microchipped!!!  And he belonged to a couple in Honeoye Falls. Now, how far is that from Lima???  He has been living in my friend's garage all winter.  The place that contacts people when a microchip is found has left them a message, but I also have their name and address and number, and will be following up on this.  HOW AMAZING, again!!!

Just two great stories really.  Wouldnt it be wonderful if this couple had been searching for their boy all this time and winds up finding him???

I will sleep with a smile on my face tonight.

"We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it." 



10 comments:

  1. Honeoye Falls and Lima border each otherso it depends where they both live. It could have been pretty close by. What a great microchip success story-IF they want him back and hadnt abandoned him themselves, that is.
    Wow 11 kittens. I wonder how unusual that is at that stage of pregnancy. Like how many of those might have been absorbed or not developed. Sure is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually about 4.1 miles, so not that far at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is from village center to village center- but the surrounding areas are still part of either Lima or Honeoye falls township and mailing address- so the cat could have come from across the street or across one field and crossed the town line and been in the other town!

      Delete
  3. What ever God anyone believes in, this is he's divine intervention for you and the kittys Janine, all this he did just for you, he knows you Janine, how privileged you are :) "If you meet me and forget me you have lost nothing, if you meet God and forget him, you have lost everything" Today is a day I forget my own trivial problems, delighted to hear your up date, thanks for posting us . oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that Bittens is feeling better! And what an amazing story about that poor boy living in the garage. I hope his family is happy to get him back.
    Pregnant mama is gorgeous. I agree, people like that shouldn't be allowed to have animals. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. From time to time notices for lost cats get posted in the laundromat in Honeoye Falls. I wonder if this is one of those?! Great catch indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep saying... cats climb in trucks! And even more sinister, waste of space people will pick 'em up and drive 'em all over just to drop them somewhere far from home... for kicks! I have 4 on my missing list missing from Honeoye Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so super happy for all this wonderful news you've posted.
    Good news, bad news, you've got a following.
    Every cat story you post, I want to contact you and say "I'll take THAT kitty" and yet I'm learning to realize that my own cat work in my town is just as important to my feral cats. I've been TNR-ing for years. Some cats hang around, when I have room and they're agreeable, I take them inside forever. And some just disappear. At least they won't have to keep living by the dictates of hormones.
    Thank you for sharing, it's great to be in such caring, generous company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please give us an update on microchip kitty. SInce we just had one put in for Abby it's nice to hear they work. I do wonder how she traveled so far.If someone takes the time and cost to microchip they must love their pets. Just double check before dropping her off (not that you wouldn't anyway) - Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What IS the update on the microchipped kitty? WERE the owners found? DO they want him back? BTW, every cat from Lollypop and some other shelters are microchipped so it doesnt mesn the owners went to the trouble of having it done. So waste of space (so incredibly well-put!!) Owners might still dump or abandon the cat, forgetting they are traceable! I have heard of it happening several times already.
    janine did you google how far away the cst ended up? I am curious. It could have been not far at all.
    carole

    ReplyDelete