Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ice Ice Baby!


Minus 2 degrees, minus 14 degrees with wind chill.  Its a very bitterly cold morning.  They were all out there, waiting for me.  At least most of them.  I have my regulars, and then I have my irregulars that I do worry about when they are not at their spots.  Then there is Tuffy, the old red and white tomcat that you never know which spot you will find him at, as he tends to wander.  Today he was at my Third and Central location.  Hungry, Sick, Cold. 

I am worried about the kitten I rescued last week.  She has been to the clinic, was tested for leukemia, given her shots, deworming pill, flea med, but she is acting a bit lethargic, all she does is sleep, and she is not eating the wet food nor the kitten chow I bought especially for her.  She  nibbles a little on the adult kitty food, but just a few bites.  When I first got her home she was ravenous.  I am worried. She feels thin, and this morning, she dragged her bottom on the bedspread of the bed (yes, I will surely be washing it today!)   I am a bit worried.


As you know, from time to time, I bore myself with my posts, it’s the same old same old, day in and day out.  My friend Jessica gave me a book as a gift this weekend entitled: “The Rainbow Bridge:  Pet Loss is Heaven’s Gain.”  I could not wait to get home to read it because for years I’ve done a little researching on the scriptures and its relation to animals.  I found this lovely poem, and share that with you today:

Fluffy’s in Heaven

I’m sad every day, I cry and I mourn:
Little fluffy, my love, it seems she’s gone home;
I can’t see this place that’s waiting for me;
The scene that’s in Heaven, enchanting, you see;
Angels flying above, and the trumpets they sound;
Beautiful gardens, flowers, and paths all around;
Clearest rivers and lakes, and the streets made of gold;
The lion and the lamb are asleep, while the birds sing and tweet;
People laugh and talk as they stroll in the breeze;
Grandpa golfs on the lawn, children play on the swings.

Fluffy and friends tour the mansion for me;
They race through my house, up the stairs joyfully;
Sliding down the banister, right onto their rears;
Taking corners so fast they can fly through the air;
In the kitchen they slide across a bright shiny floor;
Eating snacks they do feast by the patio door;
So happy, no troubles, no tears anymore;
Everything so perfect, but just one thing more;

When reunited in Heaven, we’ll live happily evermore!

I do love poems, and I do love the one above.  It reminds me of my childhood, and good stuff.  If anyone has a poem they would like to share, I would love for you to share!  :)

Have a great day!  Love this quote!  :)
"A true friend is someone who says nice things
behind your back."  :)

5 comments:

  1. I have always believed in the Rainbow Bridge and never doubted for a minute that I would once again see my beloved pets. What a great reunion it will be (although I'm not ready quite yet!). I thought of you this morning as I always do, and worry that you will catch your death of cold. I pray for warmer weather for all of us, but especially for you and the kitties. Hopefully Bittens is just catching up on some long overdue rest. If you need to take her back to the vet let me know. I'll be happy to cover the costs. Hugs. - Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol,
      Your offer to pay the Vet bill for Bittens is very kind and appreciated by all us Cat lovers. Hopefully, Bittens is just reacting to the visit to the Vets office and the stress of it all, Keeping our fingers crossed.
      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  2. Jainine, my hubby is dropping off Tape worm and round worm tabs and paste to you today oh and Yoghurt containers xoxox

    ReplyDelete

  3. Prayers for little Bittens... As Carol & Walt said, hopefully she's catching up on much needed rest after all that she's been through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did she start acting lethargic after her vaccines? I remember when Gxir was a kitten she acted the same way after her first vaccines and I was worried sick. I took her back and they gave her a shot of something, a steroid maybe? I can't quite remember. Seems some cats can have a slight reaction to vaccinations. Wish I could remember more but it was so long ago.

    ReplyDelete