Thursday, March 6, 2014

Minus SIX

Wow, some great comments yesterday.  Thanks everyone.  I received an e-mail yesterday from a woman that runs Kitten Korner Rescue who offered to take Bittens to see whats up with her.  I met her after work and handed over what felt like my child being given to someone who I know has a wonderful reputation amongst the animal community, although not having formally met her, I knew from the few interactions that she was a warm, sweet, kind person, with a lot of knowledge about kittens!  Hence, her rescue group name It was a sigh of relief, because I am not good with kittens, especially when they are not displaying anything that you know can be treated with this or that.  I got a note from her later in the evening and she said that Bittens appears to be healthy, good color, temperature and activity level but not that interested in eating the food she was offered, and she did weigh 3.6 pounds on HER scale.  She will next observe the litter pan to see what Bittens can produce!  Of course I am worried sick over this, but I hope to get a decent report this morning (have to wait til 8!) and if its not good, I will bring her to my own vet ASAP.  I appreciate this help so much.  Thank GOD that I haven't bored half the people that read this to death or she wouldn't have known, nor offered her help!

Yes, it was -6 degrees when I went out this morning.  Not to mention we've had about four inches of snow the past two days.  Its just gotta give.  I saw most of my usual out there.  Tuffy was at Third and Central, and there was another fluffy cat that came running to me.   She was hungry.

There are moments that capture my heart when I am walking in the quiet of the morning, listening to the crunching of the snow, from my car to a spot behind a house -  like when I glimpse over to the fenced yard next door and in the dark, I am able to see a red and white cat under a truck, just waiting for me to leave, so that he can go over to where I left, knowing there will be some food and warm water waiting for him.  After a bitter cold night. 

It is getting lighter out there.  It was 6:20 when I arrived home, and you can see the sun coming up in the east, starting to showcase a beautiful blue sky.  The temp will go up to 20 or so today, we can handle that, and perhaps 40 by tomorrow.  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to grab the cat that I sort of confirmed this morning is pregnant on Hayward.  She still won't let me quite touch her.  I will try again tomorrow.  If I could JUST feel her belly.  What I would do with her is another question.

Enjoy your day folks. 

"Somewhere out there someone is facing a harder battle than you are.  Be thankful for your life, and your blessings."

4 comments:

  1. Hoping for the best Janinw for baby Bittens.... Im totally with Susie and Jessrose, found out the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a yearly physical the other day, took 1hour plus, for exam, got poked and hooked up to machines, everything fine ! before i got out the door, Dr., asked, can we book you an appointment with ,no.1 an eye doctor for further exam, no.2 a mamogram for further exam. no 3. a colon scan. for further exam no 3 a gyno. check for further examno.4 had your flue shot yet , no.5 had you tetanus shot ? No thanks ;) keep up the good work Mai-ling, luv luv luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Bittens is okay. Sounds like that woman knows what she's doing - Bittens is in good hands. Keep us posted. It was bitter out there this morning - I had to call my feral kittens for a minute or two before they would come out and eat! By tomorrow they will be suning on the deck! Have a great day - Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather improving for you and the kittys Janine one thing less to battle :) Wish they would invent cat piss proof paint for my wall's :(

    ReplyDelete