Friday, March 14, 2014

TGIF!

An update on the two kitties I recently rescued from the street.  Although, I don't feel like I rescued them. The circumstances were:  When I rescued Lenny, who was desperate for warmth and love after living in this extreme winter we've had, I scooped him up from Central, and he was fostered at a friend's house.  After a a short time, Lenny was let out but was somewhat aggressive toward her cat, and dog, and she felt it best to give him back.  Around that time I had received a call from Scottsville Animal Hospital that htye had openings in their facility and would take one or two desperate kitties, and Susie came to mind as I thought she may be pregnant and I had run out of room at my house, and had no one to foster, so I brought them both in.  Susie was renamed Larrissa as they already had a Susie amongst their adoptables.  They are both still there, and these are their updated pictures.  Poor babies.  It breaks my heart they are in cages like this. Although I know their chances for adoption are greater than if they were with me.

Lenny

Susie/Larissa
So I just got off the phone with SAH, and guess who is pregnant!  Susie Larissa!  She is going to pop any day now!  I KNEW IT!!  It was so hard to tell for a while there, but sure enough.  And they did not spay.  She will have her litter in a safe, warm environment.  Little Lenny is losing some hair, so the doc will be examining him today for food alergies.  Can't wait to call in a week or so to hear what Susie's babies look like!  :)

Here are updated pics of the two kitties that I have that are available for adoption.  They are both doing great - I sure could use a foster!

Bittens Stalking/Hiding



Hey Lady!~  You need to wash this throw!  Its pretty hairy!

Celia - she loves this carrier!



This morning, I had forgotten my shovel, but thankfully, after I spent two grueling hours shoveling out the shelters yesterday, the weather was calm enough so that nothing was covered again this morning.  We are now expecting 50 degrees today.  Unbelieveable.  Then back to the 30s with lows in the teens again.  Crazy man, crazy.  I did see a few more kitties, including a sweet one on Baldwin, who lets me pet her, and Candy, on Chamberlain.  At Second, there is a very mangy looking black kitty with white, as sweet as can be, you can tell is lost and homeless.  He is unneutered, and looks to be not much more than a year old.  When I see the kitties, I know they OK, and will be fed.  A great big relief. after not seeing most yesterday morning.  I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Its Friday, I love Fridays knowing I won't be at work the next day, but I do know I will still be up at 4 am. getting ready to leave the house at 5 am. to feed 50+ cats at 16 different locations.  My body is aching and I am hoping its due to the shoveling I did yesterday. 

Thanks for listening to me whine this week.  I wish you a wonderful weekend!

"Stop waiting for things to happen.  Go out and make
them happen."





2 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Janine! You made it through the storm :) Do they know why Bittens was not feeling well? Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to Kerri's Kitten Korner for nourishing precious little bittens back to good health. She is a beautiful little girl. Glad you survived another tough week Janine! Try to get some much needed and deserved rest this weekend you sure earned it.
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete