Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday

Well, its snowing out again, its about 17 degrees out, and I am sick of it.  But most of all I am sure the cats are sick of it.  I can gt back into my nice warm car, and go back to my nice warm house, but these cats can't.  I think it will be winter forever.  Its sad, because the end of March to me means robins chirping, sun shining, weather about 50-60 degrees on average, April is fast approaching which I think about April showers will bring May flowers.  But it just doesn't seem that way this year.  I am wondering what kind of spring and summer we will have.  If I recall correctly, I think last year we went from winter to summer in an instant.  I know it will be here, and we will all be complaining that its too hot, which is just the human thing to do, and we will all remind ourselves that we would rather have it hot than what we've experienced since November, freezing!

Black and White young kitty on Hayward (unneutered)

Candy's backend on Hayward

It was a mainly quiet weekend - at my Hayward location, where Candy usually is, and another black and white kitty sometimes is at, Candy was there this morning, and the little black one was not.  I did my usual, holding sweet Candy, pouring the dry and the beloved wet food they all crave, and went on to my next spot around the corner on Chamberlain.   As I was pouring the food down there for noisy Lucy, the kitty that cries the entire time I am there from a distance, Candy showed up under my arm.  She ran all that way, and must have left the moment I did.  What a gal.  :)

At my Pennsylvania and Fourth location, there is a grey with white kitty that is usually there, but this morning he had a definite limp. 

At my Second location, there was the young black and white kitty greeting me at the car when I opened the door, and Tuffy was in the back, waiting. 

At Third and Central, there was the fluffy cat running to greet me.  She is a bit skittish so I am hesitant to pick her up to see if she is pregnant.

At Central and Fifth, four cats are there to greet me.  There is a brown tabby female there, new, with a plastic flea collar on.  Those women are at it again.  I don't know where they get these cats, but there is always a new one, with a collar.  Snickers and the fluffy sweet black one were there, along with another black cat that keeps its distance.

I counted six cats at the Baldwin location. 

Its crazy, so many cats.  Speaking of ....  take a peek at Bittens, the kitten I rescued about a month ago, who I am trying to find a home for.  Isn't she sweet!  I had my niece Hannah over on Saturday, and what a pair of cuties they made. 




Have a great day!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are
living our fears."

8 comments:

  1. Janine,
    Hang in there Spring is around the corner for you and all your Kitties. Great to see Bittens has made a full recovery. Your niece is Beautiful most importantly you can see she has a love for animals like her Auntie!!!. Congrats on your nomination for the Jefferson Award. Thanks for all you do for the Kitties Cat Angel. Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss, tired of this nasty cold weather. What is the Jefferson award, can we do anything that will bring you closer to getting it, votes needed ???? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jefferson Award? Please tell us more - either Walt or Janine. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,
      I submitted a lengthly nomination highlighting all that Janine does daily and has been doing for our Feline friends for the past 16 years. I walked them through her daily routine and stressed that Janine does it with her own finances bar some occasional much needed help. I apprised them she is not a non profit. Gave them a link to her Blog site so they can better understand the extent of her personal sacrifices to accomplish her mission of Saving Rochester's Cats One At A Time. Unfortunately due to the large number of Nominees and the fact that there were no (Kitties) on the Selection Committee, Janine was not the shoe (paw)-in she should have been. Only 5 Regional Finalist are selected and sadly our (Cat Angel) Janine was not one.
      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  4. Your niece is adorable and Bittens obviously thinks so too!
    Well, I guess on the bright side we're not the ones getting the blizzard this week! This crap weather can't hold out too much longer. "Global warming", remember? Hahaha! Don't get Kings and me started on that one... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Walt for the explanation and for submitting her name. You're such a great support for our deal friend. I was visiting with her on her porch one day after work when she opened her mail and your check was in there - so gracious of you!! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,
      Thank you for the kind words and all the support you provide to Janine. She is always so appreciative of any help she receives. Karon and I will continue to help Janine any way we can because she is so deserving of it and the Kitties would not survive without her intervention.I am curious to see who the 5 Regional Finalist are for the ESL Jefferson Award. Their is no doubt in my mind that they are no more worthy than Janine. However, I always knew the process was very political and it was a long shot for Janine to overcome. Perhaps someday people will recognize that Volunteering ones time to ease the pain and suffering of our 4 legged friends is as important as doing so for people,
      Walt Simoni

      Delete
    2. Her name and what she does daily for DECADES - should be sent in to Ellen Degenerres since she loves animals and helps out lots of needy folks! Give that a try!

      Delete