Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Microchipped Kitty Tail

Pattie's Son Rowan, and Atticus, the Microchipped Cat!

Here is the story of the microchipped kitty.  It belonged to a couple who live 10 miles away from where it been living, in Pattie's garage for several months now. They brought "Charlie" and his sibling to a farm nearly 10 miles away a year ago because Charlie was having litterbox issues.  They both went because they were siblings and the owners didn't want to split them up.  When Charlie arrived, he was spooked by the chickens, and ran, never to return again.  A YEAR LATER, he is in Pattie's garage.  Pattie and this farm are about one mile from each other.  Pattie, correct me if I am wrong.  Here are Pattie's words:

"So... Due to my excellent data collection skills ( Stalking abilities ) I did some research. Located the owners on the microchip on facebook. While looking at their page found a page that had a pic of a kitty that looked just like Atticus. Come to find out after a call to Bubbaloo Farm on Egan Rd ( right up the road) Clayton had a brother named Charlie who ran away a year ago. Now I am not sure what to do. They said it is up to me... but He has made himself right at home here...."

here is the Farm's response to Pattie's note on Facebook:

This is Anna from Bubbaloo Farm. There is a very good chance that that is Charlie, our cat's brother. Here is the whole story, in case my husband left any out when you called.  Some friends of ours had adopted two cats and had them for a year. These cats were super friendly but they refused to use their litter boxes and were doing their business all over the house. They were fed up with it, so we offered to take the cats and let them move into our barn. The day the two cats were delivered, Charlie leaped out of their van and ran into the weeds. We tried to coax him back but the chickens scared him and he was gone. We never saw him again. This happened back when the weather was still warm so I thought he must either be living in someone else's barn or not have made it (we do have coyotes around here). Since he could not stay where he was, and he was never really our cat, if you love him keep him! We could try to settle him back in here if you don't want to keep him. I am afraid he will run away again, but we would do our best to make feel at home if you bring him back. Your book idea would be a great story, you could make him into a brave cat exploring the world. 

NOTE:  Pattie is keeping Atticus - his new name.  :)


Ahhhhh,,,, such great stories!  It is kind of sad though, that these owners who went to the trouble of having their cat microchipped never even bothered to call back.  But apparently the farm owners do keep in contact with them, so I am sure they've been told.   They really shouldn't own any other cats if they dumped these other two.  That's my opinion.

I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the weather forecasted for Wednesday and Thursday.  Thursday will be a very bad morning.  We are expecting between 10-15 inches of snow.  This will not be good for the kitties.  As it was this morning, I picked up a gazillion wet towels due to the thaw, and nearly killed myself on the ice.  I am grateful that I come home safe and in one piece each day.  As I've said before, this time of the morning is the safest time.  And even those that are up and about know what I am doing and respect me for it. 

Bittens this morning

Celia this morning

Tomorrow I should have updates on Calvin/Cody, Bittens and Celia, and Teddy.  Larry is doing well.  He is fat and happy with my niece and her girls, readying themselves for a move in mid-April. 


Have a great day!






2 comments:

  1. I expect these owners adopted the brothers from Lollypop, already chipped. It illustrates the dangers of relocating cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad that the brothers ended up separated anyway, but thank God for Pattie! Atticus looks so adorable with his equally adorable new brother.
    Bittens and Celia look great! Beautiful girls.
    Will be thinking of you in the snow. :(

    ReplyDelete