Friday, March 7, 2014

Man oh Man! TGIF!

As of 7 pm. last night, Bittens, the 5 mo. old kitten that I rescued from Central Park on a 20 degree snowy morning at 6 am., was acting healthy, appeared healthy, but still is not eating much.  Nor is she using the litter box.  I will get a report this morning, in about an hour, and then determine if I should call my vet to make an appointment.  Prayers for Bittens, the kitten.

CELIA


I have a friend in the country who has a problem, she now has over 5 cats living in her garage.  It started with two, and is now up to five or so.  Most are feral, but warm and fed, thanks to Pattie.   Pattie is the girl that adopted the adorable kitten Cricket in the fall of the past year. I offered - and Kristin - to help her out with spay/neuter, so I made an appointment for two kitties for this morning at RCAC.    Pattie was able to get one of the two in her bathroom last night.  She didn't have much confidence in getting another, so I thought I would get one of the many that need spay/neuter on my route.  So, here is Celia.  She is one of the many cats from Central and Fifth.  She may  be the mother of Bittens, I am not sure.  I am hoping the clinic will answer this for me, if she has given birth previously.  She is not ear tipped, and I am surprised she is not pregnant.  This TNR has given me the kick start to get a few more kitties in. 

At the Second Street location, out of the plastic tote shelter came a cat I've never seen before.  A black with white, friendly, came right up to me as I was pouring the food, starving.  Very thin.  He is an unneutered male.  Candy ran up to me on Hayward.  There are a ton of them out there. 

I have a friend who is trying to get permission from a nursing home to accept pets into their residence as therapeutic for the folks that live there.  I've thought about this over the years.  My grandmother, Helen McCann, who was in her 90s when she passed, in the final stages of Alzheimers, was cat crazy.  She loved her babies.  I have  friend in her early 60s who has severe Huntington's disease that I visit occasionally, and the facility she is in allows pets.  In fact, my friend has a small dog.  Its the best therapy around for these folks.  I hope this comes to fruition, and that the idea spreads.

TEDDY - newly rescued
 
Teddy may be going to a new home tomorrow.  There is a family who found him on Petfinders.com (thanks to Blue Moon Meadows and Susie Q Dog Rescue who posted for me) want to meet him, and will most likely keep him and 'test him out'.  Gail, his foster, I am sure is heartbroken, but glad to see a cat from the street find a good home.  I am forever grateful to her!

I must get going, so much going on today.  Its Friday, but I will try to post an update tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone! 

7 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for Bittens. I'm so glad Teddy may be going to his forever home! I know you said Calvin went to a new home - is everything working out there? Any updates on Larry and Fraser? Did you ever find out if the cat you took to Scottsville was pregnant or not? I hope Lenny is doing ok there as well and finds a home soon! Sorry so many questions - I was just looking at the photos and wondering how everyone is doing! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Celia is adorable !! I would love her for myself ... but I am over the allowable weight already :( :) prayers to St. Francis for Bittens, she sounds somewhat improved ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news about Teddy. I have admired him from the day he was rescued. You can count on me to help with TNR expenses and/or if you need help with Bittens. So happy the kitties will have some warm sunshine to warm their bones today. Treat yourself to a glass of wine this evening...you deserve it for all your good work this week. -Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol,
      Once again thank you very much for offering to help Janine with TNR expenses. She can use and appreciates all the help she can get, so she can continue to rescue and feed all these defenseless felines. Bless You for your kindness!!!!!!!!
      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  4. Hi Janine - does the thin new black and white kitty have a "tuxedo" appearance? I saw some signs posted around the neighborhood looking for a black/white tuxedo cat named Felix... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry is doing AMAZING!!! He is like a two year old!!! Hyper than ever!!! He for sure fits in perfect with our family. Thanks for asking!!!

    ReplyDelete