Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hump Day

One day closer to my weekend, because I am taking Friday off.  I love my three day weekends.  I get to clean my house on Friday, and enjoy Saturday and Sunday without the hassle of a deep clean which takes up half my Saturday to give me really only one full day before I go back to work on a Monday.  And I am fanatical about cleaning my house on the weekend.  Even though I spend HOURS doing it - the mundane things like changing bedsheets, laundry, cleaning bathroom, back bedrooms, litter box areas, vacuuming, doing the wash and hand scrubbing the kitchen floor - I still could spend another week cleaning out closets, getting rid of old clothes, getting rid of old magazines (I've got literally hundreds of cooking magazines - you feel guilty throwing them away because you think you will need a recipe or two that you wanted to try). 

And yes, I am still sick and miserable.  I even thought about calling in to work today, but I feel total guilt, so I most likely will go in.  I don't know why I feel guilt, maybe it was because my mother, growing up, was like a drill sergeant when it came to sickness.  Unless we were on our deathbed, we went to school.  Which is why I had nearly perfect attendance record in grammar school.

OK, this is a cat blog.  Enough of my stuff.  It was 15 degrees when I left the house this morning at 5 am. - I took some pictures at the start of my shift until the camera read 'memory full'.  Oh well, sorry, will clean them out and restart again tomorrow.  Here are some of the spots I took pictures of:

Two kitties waiting here, you can see the eyes of the black one in the background





The above shelter is on Central Park near Fifth, where those wretched people who keep breeding cats live.  This is where I recently found Bittens, in the bitter cold snow driven morning.  This shelter Kris, the art teacher friend of mine, and husband concocted.  Its some old shelf or something, and inside is filled with straw, and there are a few totes next to it that I am positive a cat uses, that I am also surprised haven't been trashed yet by hooligans.






The above is on corner of Third and Central.  This fluffy girl, I still can't tell if she is preggers, I don't think so, but I can't really hold her - I am unsure of her.  She is not eartipped.  I feed on the front porch here, and in the back porch. I have two nice wooden shelters set up on the back porch, two tote shelters on the front.

Tuffy


These are the last of the pictures from this morning.  This is on Third Street.  Look who is there, its Tuffy.  And you can see the tote shelter the girl made who is a senior and is doing a project/presentation on homeless cats as part of her grade at school.

These are the pics I got before the camera conked out.  Can you imagine, I still had another 12 locations to drive to...    ugg.

Have a great day.

"Many of life's failures are people that didn't know how close they were to success when they gave up."



3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if the fluffy tiger was pregnant when I first saw the first pic of her and saw no eartip. Rather than actually pick her up- can you touch her at all in order to slide a hand down one or both sides of her and feel her tummy? Just to feel whether it is tummy or fur? She sure looks like she is prego.
    carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor fluffy girl! Hope she's just really fluffy and not full of babies. Praying you can get her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Fluffy Girl had her whiskers cut. They're blunt and short. One of the meanest things that can be done to a cat because they lose their ability to judge proximity until they grow back. What is wrong with some people?

    ReplyDelete