Thursday, October 10, 2013

Toot Toot!


It was a very quiet morning out there, with all the kitties waiting for me.  I want to mention that I have not seen Neck Wound Kitty, the cat with the huge neck wound that has not healed in years, and that seems invincible when it comes to trapping him and getting him looked at and treated.  I haven't seen him since the shelter and food location was moved to the next door property on Parsells.  I had heard him that first morning, and tried to coax his haunted cries over to the new spot, and I am sure he found it, but I have not seen him since.  I am haunted by a few situations I've had over the years, another being the two cats I fed for years and years on Second Street, and had the opportunity to turn them into country cats in a barn situation at the Finger Lakes Racetrack - they were not housed like I would have done - and they escaped, never to be seen again.  Angel trusted me and went through so much - if you do a search on this blog for ANGEL, it will take you to all the posts I've written about him, and you can read his story.  He's gone through hell and back, and now I failed him.




I am not one to toot my own horn, but in the comments recently, some people have offered to match their donation with the donations I receive.  I was advised to repost this comment below.  You can take it from there.  And Walt, YOU are the Saint.  Your note to the editor of the D & C was not unproductive.  Even if it brought one new person to realize the plight of these animals on the streets of Rochester, it was so worth it!

Janine, I want to make a Challenge to all your Blog followers.I WILL MATCH the first $100.00 Dollars they donate to your site.  It is currently at $180.00.  I feel terrible the Pats on the back was so unproductive.  Thank you so much for all your tireless,devoted and heroic efforts.  You are a Saint. Walt & Karon Simoni

"The secret to happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles."

2 comments:

  1. It was a great article about you Janine, and you deserve recognition, every day for what you do. Walt and Karen themselves have, and still do a lot, more than their share for the homeless cats, so they know what you go thru better than most. Hope neck wound kitty is eating food somewhere....... darn, that he cant be caught for us to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine I agree with above comment Karon was President of Habitat for Cats for 10 years and looking back at the newsletters Walt and Karon gave THOUSANDS of Dollars to Habitat For Cats. It would be nice if Habitat made a donation to your mission in honor or thanks for all they did for Habitat. Just my personal feelings.

    ReplyDelete