Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Calm Before the Storm

I was touched by the comment someone posted yesterday, not that I am not touched by each and every comment I receive, good or bad.  It was basically stating that each and every life mattered, but put so eloquently.  Thank you to whoever wrote that.  The animals on the streets, each and every one of them, do matter!  They deserve warm and loving environments, and they deserve some respect too.  I was startled to see what I saw this morning as I pulled up to the Central and Fifth spot, where I feed very sweet cats that were raised indoors, and then put out to the street - you can tell that by their sweet and gentle personalities - and the white kitty that was so very leery of me at first, and now gets closer and closer as I place the food down that it is so desperate to devour each morning.  I noticed his paw in the air, and then the limp to where I place the food under the tree (they wait on the sidewalk and curb when they see my vehicle coming along).  It almost looked as if this white cats toes were cut off.  I got the best picture I could, but I have no idea in what shape that foot is in.  It makes me sick to think of what happened to him.  There was no sign of blood, but I have no idea really the extent of the injury, but I could see no toes there on that front paw.



To throw a little good news in, Lucky #1, the kitten I rescued from this very spot a few weeks ago, is being spayed today, and she has potential adopters coming to meet her tomorrow!  Lets pray this is a match.  I've had little Lucky since last evening so that she could be 'prepped' for her surgery this morning (no food) and brought to the clinic by me.  Tracy, my neighbor, who has been fostering her, is going to be very sad to see her go.  She really is a cutie pie.

Another kitten I've wanted to rescue has been mysteriously spayed unbeknownst to me (I have a sneaking suspicion I know who did it - :)), and I held her this morning and told her I would be getting her a home very soon too.  She is a little doll, and is the sister of one of the other kittens I rescued there three months ago.  I must get her off the street too, if anyone is willing to foster her, it would be a blessing.  Here is her picture!


 
Remember that you can click on the picture to enlarge.

Here is another unneutered fellow who allows me to pet him while he hungrily gobbles the food I leave on the porch on Garson, where I cannot place shelters because the owner hates me and the cats, and throws out the bowls every chance he has when he comes by to work on this boarded up house.  This little guy is ready for a home too.  The kitten that has been hanging around here will not come close to me unfortunately, so I will have to keep working on him.  He allowed me to touch him the very first time, but not since.


Well, its now a mad scramble for me to get ready for work, but I before closing, I want to say thank you to each and every one of you who has reached out to me to offer help, whether it be baking something for the people that allow me to feed on their properties, or offering gift baskets to give to them, or purchasing food for me, or monetary donations.  I just couldn't keep doing what I do without that support - its so overwhelming to me each morning, but I get through it one day at a time.  The weather that will soon arrive I have no power over, and these poor animals will suffer.  I must reinforce my shelters, and I need help.  What I need are cinder blocks, if any of you have any lying around?  I need to replace tarp on some of these spots, and place the heavy blocks on top to keep them during the windstorms that are due to arrive. 

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

"If you are always talking about your problems, don't be surprised if you live in perpetual defeat."

4 comments:

  1. Omg.... I wonder what happened to the poor white kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you get the white kitty? I would pay for a vet visit.
    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sick about white kitty janine......perhaps his toes were caught in a trap, that is awful enough, but I pray it was not more sinister than that... bricks will be dropped off today darl'in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poor white kitty! I hope you can trap him. :(
    Good news about Lucky #1 having potential adopters. Praying it all works out.
    I'm always praying for new fosters to volunteer and of course, for adopters!

    ReplyDelete