Friday, May 11, 2012

Fabulous Friday!

A quick update and a wish for a great weekend to all.  The sun is out, the birds are chirping, and its Friday.  Who could ask for more.  Unfortunately, I could.  Before I tell more, my poor boy
Thunder is going to the vet today.  He has had an issue with blood in his urine for quite a while now, he has a huge lump on his chest that has gotten bigger over the years, he is 10 years old and has been having accidents around the house for quite a while now.  He will be having an ultrasound and urine cultures taken - again - today.  On top of that, my boy Scooter the kitty has been lifeless for a week now.  I was hoping he would snap out of it too, but he hasn't.  He is going to be dropped off with Thunder before I have to go to a work retreat offsite all day today.  Thanks for helping me with that Mommy!  On top of that, I have three cats with severe upper respiratory issues - Smoky, Barney and Sugar - that just doesn't seem to be going away with the meds I've been giving twice a day.  So, its been a stressful time in my life on top of the TNR'g. 

As for that, we got seven cats yesterday.  Out of those were five boys, two girls.  One girl pregnant.  So it was a good catch!  It was so nice to go on my rounds this morning and see a few ear tipped kitties.  I am just so thankful so many babies WON'T be born.

At one of my stops, as I walked up onto the porch, I saw a body laying, covered with a sheet.  I thought, OMG, is this person even alive?  I poured the food, and called out HELLO.  HE woke, startled and I told him I was just feeding the kitties, and I don't know where this came from but I immediately said, can I get you a nice warm blanket?  and he said please, and I went and got him a nice warm blanket, went back onto the porch where he was still lying, and covered him with it while telling him to please leave it there for me or if he wanted to use it again there.  I know people think I am crazy, but I am cautious, and I am also gentle enough with these kind of people that they know not to hurt me for any reason.  I am there just for the cats.  It made my heart swell. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Good catch yesterday Janine. I'm praying for Thunder and your kitties. You truely are one of the most compassionate people I've ever met - to people and animals alike!! Your mom should be very proud. Have a good weekend. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry to hear about Thunder and Scooter. I'll be praying for them and the ones with URIs. You don't need anymore stress! Hope you get some R&R this weekend.

    ReplyDelete