Friday, May 18, 2012

One Less Mouth to Feed

Vacation day today, and in very serious cleaning mode, so quick update here.

I took inventory of kitties this morning, after the chaos they have gone through the past three weeks with trap neuter and return.  Four were picked up yesterday, bringing a total of 30.  One, Jimina, my girl on 3rd, her picture is on the heading of my home page, she is the brown tabby at the end.  She turned out to be spayed already, and DECLAWED!  Lollipop offered to keep her and try to find her a home - poor girl.  I have been feeding her for over a year now, so she has managed to fend off all others that whole time.  I pray she finds a good home.   I have not gotten information on the other three, which I hope to soon.   I will also be posting who and what I saw this morning, as I took good notes!

For my own personal brood, I spoke with the vet yesterday, and he gave me the bad news.  Thunder could have anywhere between 2 and 9 months.  Depending on many factors.  It was hard to hear that.  I broke down.  He is still running jumping and playing so its very difficult to think we will be burying him one day, at my mothers of course, behind her house in the woods is the family pet cemetary.  My Cosmo is not doing well either.  He is not eating, only drinking the juice of what ever I can find for him to eat, tuna, etc.  He is starting to look like a sick skeleton.  I will observe him for a few more days.  Maybe next week if he is not doing any better.  My Scooter is looking a little better.  He finally moved off the chair after a week and is lying in the sun.  I was given a appetite booster pill and it might be working.  A quarter tablet every third day.  I tried it on Cosmo, but no luck. 

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment