Tuesday, May 15, 2012

High Tension

This is the name of a very intense movie I once saw that literally had me on the edge of my seat.  I like scary creepy dark-side-of-life kind of movies.  I know...  I am strange...  Maybe thats why I am fearless when I go out into the neighborhoods that I do each day, in the dark, during good weather and severe storms!


The other reason I mention tension is that there was a lot less of it this week regarding TNR, for me at least, as there has been in the past.   Communication has gotten somewhat better.  Thats big for me, because as much help as I am receiving, these are still the precious babies I have to go out and feed every single day.  These are the babies that have come to trust me.


Four cats were trapped this morning.  This is great news:  One from Second, three from Central - one is believed to have just had a litter, so she will need to be released tonight back to her babies after she is spayed.   The people helping me are nearly complete strangers who don't know me nor I them but have come together for one purpose.  To end the cycle of breeding for these cats.  I can't imagine how bad it would be within six months from now if I had not rescued and adopted out numerous cats to good loving homes, rescued 13 pregnant cats, TNR'd 24 so far in two weeks, many more TNRs in the past, and all in this one tiny corner of our city.  I will still be feeding a ton of cats each day, but there won't be that many more.  We will still never be able to stop the breeding, the kittens being born out there, but we have reduced it somewhat.


Here are this morning's babies that have been 'rescued' from this breeding cycle:





Last but not least, I can't forget to thank the anonymous donor that contributed to Lollipop.  Without their gift, this magnificent work would not be possible to do so swiftly.  And hats off to Another Chance Pet Rescue for all their help.  

"Who will tell whether one happy moment of love, or the joy of breathing
or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth
all the suffering and effort which life implies."


No comments:

Post a Comment