Friday, May 25, 2012

RIP - Benny/Biffer


I rescued Benny two very harsh winters ago from Fourth and Pennsylvania, where I had been feeding him for weeks.  He was very friendly, and very cold and sick, and I knew I had to get him out of there.  He was the star of my video done by Ben Gonyo, which is attached to my profile on this blog.  Benny was sister to Gracie (cat), and 'son' of my mother, Jane (human).  Benny hadn't been feeling well for weeks now, no appetite, etc., and when he went to the vets today, he was barely breathing.  He was diagnosed with weak positive for leukemia, although I believe there was more there than that, he didn't lose weight.  His organs were shutting down, his gums purple.  He was such a good boy, he went to his final home in heaven.  Good bye my sweet boy.  XO

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of Benny. There are never words to make any loss easier but to know he had two glorious indoor years, because of you, I hope helps just a touch. Hugs to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry to hear about Benny. There are never any words that can take away the pain of losing a beloved pet, but I'm glad that his last years were happy because of you and your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your & your mom's loss, Janine. He knew love, and was cared for...and you should take comfort in that. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete