Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sept Chats

Thats Seven Cats in French.  Thats how many were trapped this morning.  Hooray.  That makes 20 so far in the past two weeks since this project began.  I thank God for the help received today.  I thank God for the help I've received throughout this, even though its a lot of work for everyone involved, including my friends and family.







Yesterday, four more kitties were brought into Lollipop, two female, one was pregnant, and two tom cats.  Three from Garson, and one from Hayward.  I let the one boy off at Hayward last and explained what I was doing to the only adult sitting outside watching me.  Its heartbreaking to do this.  This boy just did not want to leave the comfort of his carrier.  He came out of it after a little coaxing and immediately began rubbing against me.  The girl that wasn't pregnant I kept overnight.  Again, just the sweetest animal in the world.  It was excruciatingly sad putting her back out onto Garson, where my shelter I've built has been removed.  I placed down some food and water for her, and at least four other came out of the woodwork looking for the food.  I have not seen Big Red since Monday, when the shelter was removed.  Talkie still comes a runnin.  This little girl was so sweet in my bathroom, when I picked her up, she just cuddled under my chin as I rubbed her and spoke to her softly.  Its just a crime, really it is.  And seven others will have to be let go today as well.  The pregnant kitty and the tom I am waiting for a report on as my friend kept them overnight.  There are so many adoptable animals out there.  Please consider one. 

I never mentioned.  My friend offered to take Mike (from Third) into the foster system after I had him spayed, and after a week that I kept him, he took Mike to be combo tested before entering him into foster care, and he tested positive for FIV. I will now have to take Mike back, and find him a home on his own.  He is just the sweetest boy, and would never put him down for this type of disease, that is very rare to be passed on to other cats.   I need a plan to get this guy adopted!

On another note, Prince Harry, the pretty grey fluffball, with the fractured hip, has not healed.  He may need surgery.  I am waiting to hear from the woman who has him now, from Four Legged Friends rescue group.  All in all a very busy time in my life!

3 comments:

  1. 20 TNRs in 2 weeks! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work Janine and friends. I know you must be exhausted but I admire all that you are doing. And by the way, I look forward to reading your blog every day. Rose from Syracuse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Team Janine!! 20 cats is an amazing accomplishment. Whoooohooo!

    ReplyDelete