Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Incommunicado


 Hayward Street - Spot #3
Hayward Kitty - Eartipped!

I have to say this.  Its getting more difficult to write my blog daily as I have to really watch what I say.  I cannot express my thoughts and opinions due to upsetting others.  At this moment in time, I only hold back because of one certain individual, whom I respect, and her group as a whole.  Although, thats what this blog is supposed to allow me to do.  Thats why people write blogs, to express themselves in whatever ways they want.  I don't often have negativity with people, and when I do, I just walk the other way.  Thats hard to do when you are part of a 'team project' and there is one bad apple in MY bunch.  This certain individual despises me for what I feel is a very dumb reason, and our 'friendship' was just dropped by her.  I tried and tried because I don't like anyone not liking me.  I hate conflict.  But I do believe some people have this instability in thier minds, and there is nothing I can do to change it/them.  So, therefore, she has not communicated with me during this TNR project.  It was critical for me this morning, as I was trapping myself, but she chose not to a) pick up the call I made to her, b) return my call, or c) text me to ask what I needed.   This was supposed to be the last week of this project, but today is the last day as far as I am concerned, as it was also not communicated to me of which areas not to feed in so the kitties would be hungry and go into the traps more easily tomorrow after not being fed for a day.  I am not here to trash anyone, its mean, and I continue to choose my words carefully.  Instead of harmony and team spirit with this project, it was nothing but frustration for me, because she was the 'ringleader'.    Its a shame, because it wasn't supposed to be abour her, or me, it was supposed to be about these poor creatures out there that don't have homes, can't defend or control their breeding, and continue to have babies.  There are around 20 still that I know need TNR and/or homes.  If I could have done this myself, I would.  This small group of people helped me do in three weeks what would normally take me a year to do.  For that I am thankful.

Update on Harry after his surgery (please see Chip In button above!):  From Karen, of Four Legged Friends:  "Total bill was $1025. He's coming back to me tonite. Such a Sweetie!"
This following picture is of a heron on its nest in Letchworth.  I was there for a few hours on Friday, and it was heavenly.  Everyone should go there and just drive through on a weekday, before the tourist season begins.  Listen to the quiet, watch and hear the birds, see the chipmunks run before you.  Amazing.


3 comments:

  1. I called you and told you where not to feed at 6:45 the night before?? Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine
    This is YOUR blog, and you should feel free to write what ever it is you feel for that day. The hell with whoever upset you. I know you said she or he was your friend. Friends don't trash other friends, so apparently she wasn't your friend after all.
    What you do is to be commended for all your hard work! I don't see anyone else (beside Karen from Four-Legged Friends) going out there and doing the great things you are doing!! So in my opinion, write what you want to write. If people don't like it, they don't have to read your blog! I love to read about your adventures everyday you write. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who feels this way! The hell with them! I love your blog, so continue on writing what you feel! It's yours girl!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon ladies!
    It's been grueling - but let's hang in there, just a few more days.
    We can TNR a few more cats who can get off the reproduction treadmill.

    ReplyDelete