Friday, May 4, 2012

If Everyone is Thinking Alike, Then Someone Isn't Thinking...

When I returned home from work last evening, after a pickup from Lollipop by my friend Kristin's Mommy Sue, I found three sweet male cats on my porch.  All were quiet, one had already been neutered, so he was vaccinated and ear-tipped.  After observing them for a couple of hours, and trying to feed them some delicious tuna, I decided they were too miserable in their very cramped quarters, one had messed it up quite bad and needed to get out of its own filth, and I returned them to where they came from on the street.  Every time it breaks my heart that these kitties can't go to a good home, and I have to release them, but I was so relieved to see them all waiting for me this morning.  And they were hungry.

We had a very big thunder and lightening storm last night, some really really big boomers, and when I woke to this, I immediately thought of them.  But thank God I have a tiny shelter for them, even though I'll bet none of them use it except to eat and take a sip of water.  Everyone else on my route was out and about.  No sign of pregnant kitty on Second.  Sad.  She needs to be rescued from having kittens outside. 

Here is a picture of Whitey, who I rescued a while ago on Grand Avenue.  He was a very dirty white boy but look how he has cleaned up.  He is now ready for a loving new home! 



I am very relieved to have a break from trapping and releasing.  Its been a very stressful week, and I just need to chill for a few days. 

The kittens featured on yesterday's post show Taffy's kittens who will be up for adoption at Pet Pride as of 5/15/12. 7731 Victor-Mendon Rd. 742-1630 - here is their website - such a great place, check it out!
http://www.petprideny.org/PPNY/Home.html

My thanks again to all those that have helped me out in the past, whether it be donations of food or money, help with trapping, help with transport, or just encouraging words.  I could not do this continually without one or the other along the way.  Have a great weekend everyone.





2 comments:

  1. I thought of all of them when the storm hit as well. Hard not to. I am getting attached to these guys with all this trapping. I am glad they were there this am :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens...Whitey is gorgeous! I sure hope he gets the perfect family & home. I looked at the Pet Pride website. Sure seems like a wonderful little place.

    ReplyDelete