Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ignorance is Bliss



I will get to that point in a minute.  First, my dog, around 10 now, who is mostly Golden Retriever with some collie mixed in, 100+ lbs, a good boy (except with other dogs! - the brat!) has had a lump on his chest for as long as we have had him (four years? - a rescue) that has grown larger.  Months ago he had blood in his urine.  After many tests and cultures, he was treated with meds and the blood went away but then he started to have 'accidents' in the house.  Off to the vet yesterday where an ultrasound found a mass in his bladder.  Most likely cancer, and according to the doc, it would be too much to put my puppy through, and very costly.  In a perfect world, I would try.  I love my boy so much, and as long as he is not suffering now, he is fine.  But have to do something about his 'messes'.  So, off I went to Wegmans for doggie diapers, but none to be found.  Hoping to find at a Petco or something.  This will be the only solution I have right now.  Pray I find them! 

Scooter also went into the vet due to lethargy, and was given antibiotics and fluids and seems to be a bit peppy.  My kitty Sugar has a severe URI that is not treatable with the Doxy pills I've been given her, so off she goes now this morning for a look at.  God, its killing me financially, but I love my babies and wouldn't have it any other way.

I went to feed at the house that the man kicked me from his dilapidated porch that supposedly he will be renovating.  The usual were there, Talkie, Big Red and the other kitty that I never named.  I noticed across the street a young girl with what looked to be some type of work uniform, smoking and watching me, and apparently waiting for her cab to take her to work, as it pulled up.  I called over hello and she didn't answer me.  I went closer to her to ask if she lived there, if she knew the owner across from her, and if she liked cats!  She was very quiet, never said hello, and just shook her head yes or no.  This young girl was never even taught proper etiquette to speak to people properly.  Its just so sad the ignorance in these neighborhoods.  She looked like she was 12, but had to be of age to have a job.  This was around 5:35 this morning don't forget.



One last highlight, I pulled up to the porch on Central and Third, wondering if the man was going to be there sleeping again, with my blanket.  He was.  This time he didn't wake, but I could tell he was alive due to hearing him breath, and seeing his chest move up and down under my blanket.  I thought to myself that I wish I had brought him something to eat.  I thought if he is sleeping on this porch, he has nothing to eat.  I think I will bring a couple of sandwiches tomorrow with me, just in case, in honor of Mother's Day.  A day where most females are mothers in one way or another, even without bearing children.   Happy Mothers Day to you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about Thunder Janine. I know how much you love him. Happy Mother's Day - you're a mother to all your rescue kitties and Thunder who are forever grateful to you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete