Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cosmo and Others...

Cosmo, my faithful boy for over 10 years...  gone, but never ever will be forgotten.  Cosmo leaves behind his mommy, daddy, beloved dog brother Thunder, beloved cat brother Scooter, and a host of other beloved companions that he shared his life with.  He went very peacefully.  I thank those that commented on my post yesterday.  Your words meant a lot of me, as did the phone call from Julie, and the text and e-mails I received from other friends.  Thank you so much.  I am not sure if I mentioned this yesterday, but Cosmo was rescued after being found having rocks thrown at him by a group of boys in downtown Rochester.   He gradually grew to be nearly 20 pounds and he walked like a very heavy person would, we would say ba dum de dum, ba dum de dum...  here comes Cosmo!  Cosmo would be right by your side no matter what - he would right on top or in the way of your very next move, each and every time.  And a  bomb could explode next to him, and he wouldn't move.  He was a funny boy, and his presence was surely missed this morning, by me and the other 'kids'.   I told him I would see him soon.  :)

On to other news, 'Limpy'.  I set a trap with yummy smelling oily tuna at the house on Hayward in hopes of getting Limpy off the street and out of his pain.  Just after I did that, I swung back around to the stop before on Garson, I got out and proceeded to feed the kitties waiting there for me each and every day, and there was Gimpy!  Of course, this was after I had begun putting down the food.  So, I went back to Hayward and got the trap, brought it back to Garson and reset it.  Went on the rest of my rounds, and came back to no kitty in the trap.  Limpy is getting around - he cut through back yards to get over there.  He is definitely not using his back leg.  I don't know what to do.

I didn't mention the trouble I had over the weekend.  On Saturday morning, I was told to "move my @#$#" from Pennsylvania and Fourth.  Not by the preacher man, but by a man who apparently owns the vacant house I've been feeding at, rescued many cats from, had a hut built by Kristin's students, and a really nice three sided wooden board type thing on top of raised boards.  A nice shelter from storms.  The hut was taken weeks ago.  This dude was just the meanest person I've come across.  Extremely sarcastic, didn't give a hoot about cats.  Told me to pack em in my trunk and move somewhere else.  So, on Monday morning, I moved the nice wooden piece to the house next to Wallys on Grand, and continue to place paper plates and water bowl down for Sparkles, and her other companions that I rarely see.  My goal would be to move them over to Third, but not sure how to accomplish that.  It just around the corner, but not sure if my cat calling would be heard by them from there.  Also this morning, on Ferndale and Webster, my carriers were taken.  Food dishes left though.  Pretty sad.  I am having a tough time out there, trying to keep these animals as safe and comfortable and stress free as I can.  They know they have a meal by me, but not sure how much protection I can provide them now.   Its just so sad out there.

I continue to check up on the crazy person, to see if she is still living at the apartment she was in or not.  I put some food and water down because I saw a few cats back there outside, and when I stopped this morning, someone had removed them  - so I put more down!  I am not sure if she is living there or not.   I am not sure if it was her that took the carriers. Either way, she is a nutcase, and she needs to be removed off the streets for the torture she has caused for the cats that she had in her possession.  She did some terrible things.  People like that need to be locked up. 

"Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears."

5 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy at the loss of your beloved pet. We almost lost our Cody this weekend and would have been devastated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank God you didn't lose Cody. I am so sorry for what your baby went through. Healing prayers being sent Cody's way.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of Cosmo Janine. I know each of your babies is so special and precious to you as you are to them. And yet to continue to forge on - watching out for nut lady, helping the limping cat. You truely amaze me and I'm proud to say I know you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete