Monday, May 7, 2012

Sasha's Babies!

Well, it was an uneventful weekend, until this morning.When I pulled up to my second stop, where Big Red, Talky and another kitty hang, where Lillianna was rescued, who had her babies the very next morning, from Garson, I noticed railings were put on the porch of this gutted, dilapidated house where I have a good shelter placed.  I then noticed the porch had been painted, and my stuff had been moved to the other side of the driveway, just piled up.  Its obvious, there will be work done on this house.  I noticed mulch had been placed around the front of the porch.  I was heartsick.  I rebuilt a board against the fence, placed a towel and food and water underneath, surrounded it on two sides with the plastic tote 'houses', and went to my car and got a paper plate and wrote on the back and left it on the porch, with the words "thank you for not trashing my stuff.  there are cats that depend on this food and shelter.  i have done a lot of good around this neighborhood with spaying and neutering.  i work at rochester general.  can we please talk?"  left my number and now i pray he calls me.  there are no other houses around I can set up shop at.   Please say a prayer this all works out for me.  (UPDATE:  The jerk just called me, and told me to get my stuff or he will throw it out.  That the city inspector told him no animals - Now I don't know what I will do)

With daylight now greeting me in the morning when I leave my house, by the time I get to the second half of my stops, I can see the filth of these neighborhoods.  There is so much garbage strewn around.  You have to remember, if these people dont care about their properties and own neighborhoods, they dont care about the animals.  Its such a shame.  I remember when I was young, volunteering to clean up parts of a highway.  I would do the same in these neighborhoods (If I could make the time), but these people don't care!  So why would I?  I try to clean up the spots I feed at, but it doesn't matter.  They don't care. 

At Ferndale and Webster, I saw the once pregnant kitten.  The little young fluffball must have had her kittens.  She was so elusive, I just could not get her with the time I had in the mornings, trying on my own.  I pray I was seeing things in the dark, and that now in the daylight, she was just 'fluffy', and not pregnant.  I've been wrong before.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another marathon trapping cats for Lollipop.  Its supposed to rain for the entire week.  I pray things go smoother this week.  I pray we get more kitties that need to be fixed and vaccinated.  God knows there are many more out there that do.    And finally, do you remember 'Sasha', the pretty kitty that I rescued that was pregnant and I got a ton of responses of people stepping up to take her?  Well, here are her beautiful babies.  And they will be up for adoption soon!  Can you believe it?  Makes me proud! 


2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful kittens! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of our fabulous previous adopters wants to adopt Sasha when she is ready :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete