Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rats!









Yesterday, as I was driving to my first spot, I saw something in the road, and it was too late. I hit it. It was a rat. They do this dance in the road when they are confused, like a squirrell, and that is what he was doing. It was dark, 5:15 am., and he was trying to cross the road. I felt bad, I really did. I know many think they are nasty, and so do I, somewhat, but they are still God's creatures. Its a horrible thing to know you've taken a life. I don't know how murderers of people - and animals for that matter - can live with them selves. Those are real crimes. My crime was accidental. I wouldn't have done it if I could have helped it.


Things were as usual this morning. Soggy. It rained all night. Stopped in the morning but supposed to start up again. Then sun tomorrow. Thank God. I can't imagine what its like to live in a constant rainy zone, like Seattle. I had no luck with Poppi, who was at the location that I go to after I feed her, which is the same location I have rescued Fred, Barney, Nelson, and numerous others. In fact, I am now going to eliminate that area altogether, as there were no kittys there, and its only been Poppi there for a while.

I am attaching two pics, one of Snuggles the Colorado kitty I stayed with, and the other is of an elk in Colorado, one of many I saw while there. Snuggles was also declawed. I had a hard time with that, but what was done was done. I just pray he doesn't get out like I've been told he does occasionally, as there are plenty of foxes and coyotes around there.












2 comments:

  1. and Poppi knows she can go right across the street to eat! We saw her do it. Any sign of that sweet little black one? I wish I grabbes him when I had the chance! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Snuggles declawed front and rear?
    I have been told that cats will use the rear claws for defense more than front.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete