Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crackheads




Yes, they are out in full force with the nice weather. Yes, we are finally getting some decent weather, despite the violent storm we had Sunday night, where I believe a micro burst came into the neighborhood and smashed my neighbor's glass patio table, tore off limbs off the trees next door to my house, and all over the neighborhood - I thought my house would fly off its foundation, and the tree hovering over the house would come crashing down. It was a frightening storm for not just me, but everyone I talked to. Then again, I've always loved storms, lightening and thunder, but now I think of the animals out there going through it, scared to death. Anyways, the crackheads. Its now very light out at 5 am. but I am NOT going out any earlier than that. Its crazy to begin with! They are out there sitting, watching, waiting to do their next hit. They are far enough away from me that I dont' feel as if I am in any danger, and I do believe they won't hurt me, they know I just feed the cats, and I know that in their drug addled minds, they respect that. Of course, I try not to give my mother details like this, after all, any good mother would be very upset that their child puts themselves in harms way, just as if I were a crackhead, or a cigarette smoker. My mother once told me that she bore me and I am hurting her by hurting the lungs she gave me. You can't blame her. She is an excellent mother, and I thank God for her every day. Thank you Mommy! OK, back to the cats! (I get on tangents... ). After completing my last spot this morning, as I was getting into my car, a young man stopped in his car, you could tell he was the newpaper delivery guy in this not so nice neighborhood, and he asked if I was feeding the cats. I didn't know what he would say next but I told him I was trying to! He said I give you a lot of respect for that or something like that. He told me he was an interpreter for the city, for child welfare, the deaf, etc. He commended me for what I do and it just made my morning. Its so nice to hear just one complement from folks out there. I just wish I could have more help rounding up the kitties. There are so many wonderful ones out there waiting to be rescued and find a permanent home!

No comments:

Post a Comment