Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday - All Quiet on the Homefront

Its been raining all weekend, its damp and wet out there, and all was quiet this morning. At least compared to yesterday morning. I've been leaving the house at 5 am. each morning to do my nine spots, and as the days are longer, the more people are out there. I saw a 'couple' out arguing on the street in front of one of my spots, and as I always do, I survey the situation, and continue on with my business. As I was at my spot I thought I heard a slap, amist the yelling going on, and as I went back to my car, I stopped and politely said "everything OK over there?" and they both replied "oh yes!" - and the girl went on to say "we've been together for over two years and you know how that goes..." or something like that - sure sweetheart. It is one of the street girls and her pimp. I see them all over the place. You can't fool me. But I remain aware and vigilant in helping others that may need or want my help. Down the street, to the house that had the kitten in the attic for weeks without food or water, I stopped, got out of my car, made my kissing noises, but saw nothing of the cat, but heard a large dog in the basement of this unoccupied house. Barking, wimpering. I immediately dialed 911 and got a better response from the operator than I did the day before, who this time told me it would be reported and left my number for someone to call me as a follow-up. Of course, no one did, but this morning no dog, and no cat either. Whoever this evil person is (and I do know his name and number) brought his dog to spend the night in the basement of this disgusting house to ward off intruders that may come to try to save the cat. Bastard. A comment was left about going to the papers, and I will write a columnist who has mentioned me in the past about this injustice, and how these agencies are all at fault, along with the property owner, that a cat could be trapped that long even though it was reported over and over and over again. On a brighter note, I am going to join a good friend today, along with her good friends for a wine tasting in the Bristol Hills and I will try to forget about the sadness out there. I have to remember I am making a difference.

1 comment:

  1. auntie,
    yes auntie you really are making a difference. i think i figured out what i should do in life i should be an animal cop. lol like animal cops and all those shows because i would love to show this owner how it feels to be locked up and cant get out!! well i love you i actually was thinking about all the animals that dont have shelter last night driving home when it was raining so hard!! well i love you have a good day

    ReplyDelete