Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day (after)!



It was Mother's Day yesterday, and I honored my mother, more than she knows, or more than I can feel comfortable showing her when there are a ton of other family around, and I don't have enough money to buy the things I would like to buy for her, to make her life as comfortable as possible, as is the life she gave me until I was too 'smart' and didn't 'need' her. I also thought of all the children in the world who don't have mother's, either by death or some other circumstance. Its got to be a sad day for them in some way. Then again, when Father's Day rolls around, I am sad also. I miss my father. I wish I had one during all those special moments of my life when I was growing up, and especially now, that I have 'grown up." And then I thought of all the women in life who don't have children, but do have animals. I do feel like a mother. I have cared for them, taken them to the 'doctor's' nursed them back to health, soothed them when they were frightened, 'changed their poopy diapers (litter boxes) :), and fed them countless times. So I honor all the women (and girls too!) in this world who have loved animals. Happy Mother's Day (after) to you! PS, I posted yesterday, don't miss it! :) (attached are pic of kitty Sugar, and Thunder the Wunder from Down Under).

No comments:

Post a Comment