Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Waiter, there's a Fly in my Soup!

I know, sometimes my titles are pretty lame... ! :) Yesterday, when I got home, I tried to let a trapped fly out the window on my porch. Somehow he managed to wedge himself into the groove of the window. I successfully 'rescued' him from the groove with a piece of paper, but in the process, I must have broken his wing, or leg or something. They are so delicate. I felt bad, I know he didn't die right away, and I actually hope he was able to fly away and live! but those are the lengths I will go to ease the suffering of anybody, and anything! Flies are gross! But its a 'life'. I know, I sound very silly. But....

On another note, I had to dial 911 again this morning on my route because of Jumper Girl, thats the nickname I've given this hooker I see occasionally. She jumps out in front of the cars - at 5:30 in the morning when people are half asleep anyways... I call for her own safety, and for others. I don't know why I bother, but I just do it anyways. If it were an animal, most law enforcement wouldn't bother, or care. Maybe this is just my secret way of trying to get their attention. The operators always ask my name, and my number, and I also mention how I feed the strays around the neighborhood which is how I see what I see when I report something, and maybe someday someone will give me some recognition. Cause for now I get nothin! But thats ok. I keep doing what I do. Last night it poured, and the wind was whippin. Of course we have no reason to complain when you have storms like what passed over Joplin, Missouri two nights ago. Such a tragedy. So there are times I thank God for where I live, despite the winters, its pretty good country. The cats can relax for a few months out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment