Friday, May 6, 2011

Black Friday



Steely Dan tune... Good stuff..... It is Friday, and I love it. It means I have two whole days to clean my house, clean up my spare room which is housing Barney (pictured), the stray that was near death a couple of weeks ago, who has been leaving his scent around the room. I had him in a small carrier out in the living room this morning, trying to acclimate him to the other cats, and my very large dog, and Barney had an accident. Fun. I also do my grocery shopping on Saturday mornings and I need to replenish my stock, as I was gone to Colorado last weekend, and nothing got done. My poor cats at home have been eating the stray cats food (Hey, I have to do what I have to do! So don't judge me! :)) I joke about the weekend because its like, Saturday mornings, I get up at 4 as I usually do every single day, I feed my brood, and then I head out at 5 am. before the sun comes up to feed at 8-9 different locations in 'the hood' - where there are between 3-8 cats at each spot waiting for me, and I change their towels if it snows or rains, and I place fresh water and food down. I rescue as many of the friendly cats as possible, and try to trap the others to get them fixed up. My main priority has always been the friendly ones. They are obviously out there because they are lost, or were discarded. The ones I have adopted out are just in love with their new human companions, and vice versa.... I am getting off track here - after I feed the outdoor kitties, I come home, get my list together, and grocery shop, my favorite :) I love to cook and I love to eat! I then come home and clean for three hours (and start my weekend soup!). I am fanatical about keeping a clean house. It may not be the most pristine, but its certainly clean, for about a day! By then Saturday is half over, so its really not much of a weekend by the time I am done doing all I do on Saturday mornings. So, whatever your routine is, I hope its rewarding to you in some way or another! Have a GREAT WEEKEND! PS, I hope you are able to check out yesterday's post with the Eagle babies link. Its AWESOME. XO!

2 comments:

  1. Bless You for saving Barney! My 6 year old Lucius Cornelius was a very sick rescue when I lived in AZ and he's such a big beautiful "floofy" cat now! You'd never know! (He's the one in my profile pic) Rescues are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post! I was just sitting with Barney in 'his room' and cuddling with him in my lap and he looked up at me, into my eyes, and just before his nose nuzzled into the crook of my arm, I could see the gratitude and love he had towards me for saving him. He's never know love and kindness. I am so grateful I am able to give it to him! Bless you for saving Lucius Cornelius and all the others too. Will check your profile out later today! XO!

    ReplyDelete