Friday, May 13, 2011

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

I love this quote ... I hope to someday be a mighty oak! This morning I made my rounds with an exception. I went to a street that is rounded by a friend named Gina who does what I do on a slightly smaller scale, but nevertheless is as mightily determined as I am. And she does it during the day, God bless her.... Well, she has been seeing, and been told about from neighbors on this street, a six or so month old pure white kitten trapped in a closed up house, and its been there apparently for several weeks now. Gina called me about it two days ago to see if I could help in anyway, if I knew someone perhaps. From what I was told, the owner of the property had been contacted but refused to come over to investigate, or open the house for anyone to let this cat out. I was told the Humane Society and Rochester Animal Control had been contacted also, but if they had, how come the cat was seen still in the house last night by Gina, and animal control who showed up to meet her due to the phone call I made to another friend 'with authority'. Whats wrong with this picture? This cat has been in this house for apparently three weeks now? no food or water? and its barely alive as of last night. When I went by this morning at 5:30, I got out and was calling for it. I woke all the other cats out on this street, but no sign of this little baby. Gina was told that Humane Society would be there in this morning with the owner of the property, but as of 12:30 pm, no one was there. This is an absolute crime. If it were up to me, I would have broken into this house. No question. I believe all departments here are at fault, and this man should be brought up on animal cruelty charges. I don't believe this cat made it. I hope I am wrong. I will keep you posted. Such injustices...

1 comment:

  1. I would go to the newspapers on this one. It IS a crime...a crime of humanity, or should I say lack-thereof...I would also contact the ASPCA and see if there are any cruelty laws that they can charge the homeowner or the local "humane" society with.

    ReplyDelete