Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big News!









Barney was adopted last night! A disabled veteran expressed interest in adopting a cat at Petco to my friends at http://www.anotherchancepetrescue.com/ and they thought of Barney, who has been through his own personal war. I brought him over after work to meet his new 'Dad'. It was very bittersweet, I nearly cried. I have come to love Barney (now renamed 'Sue', as in a boy named Sue - Johnny Cash). He was a good boy for me and took to sleeping with me each night, and followed me around the house constantly. He went wherever I went. I've been told before, and was reminded again as he left, that if I didn't adopt the ones I rescue out, its one less cat that will be rescued off the street. And its so true, but you become so attached to these little ones that you care for and nurse back to health. Which brings me around to this: I successfully 'trapped' Blackie this morning. Actually just had to put him the carrier, he went very peacefully. He is sick, I was able to get him a vet appt. this morning so hopefully he will test negative for leukemia, and then I will get him fixed up. I have a plan for him afterwards, and I do hope it works out. I am using a trump card for him. And if that doesn't work out, I have a back up plan. I have a niece who was uncontrollable at one point in her life (and who am I to talk?) but she has turned into a beautiful young woman and a good mother. She has been offering her home to help foster one of my babies. She is my last resort, due to the now two kitties I have rescued that have no permanent home (Blackie and Buttons), and Teddy, who I need to rescue desperately as soon as space opens up for me. So, all in all, a good past 24 hours! Here's to the next 24!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so happy to hear all of your good news!You are making such a difference for these cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you auntie you made me tear up lol i love you im sorry about blackie

    love
    uncontrollable niece

    ReplyDelete