Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bunny Tales

No, there are no sweet fairy tales here - I picked up a sweet little bunny off the street this morning. How can someone drive down a street, hear a thumpety thump (which you can hear and feel) and just keep driving? The same as last Sunday. I saw a pretty white dead cat in the road. Naturally, I turned my car around and grabbed the nearest towel in the car and picked it up and placed it gently on someone's well manicured lawn. I figured that someone who would care about their lawn in this godforsaken neighborhood would care about a dead animal and treat it with some respect. Probably not, but what can I do. It was a Sunday morning.

My route was quiet this morning. I saw all the usual suspects. They were all hungry and waiting for me. Teddy is very leery of my now, and I feel bad for that. I tried to trap him last week - not trap, but pick him up and place him in my upright carrier. He freaked, got away and won't come near me now. Poor thing doesn't know how good he could have it. There is a beautiful soft gray kitty that now lets me pet him at my first spot. He eats close to the street, not in the back of the lot where the others wait for me. Would love to get him. He is a sweetie, and very pretty. I have an affection for gray cats now! They are the BEST! If someone is looking for a sweet gray, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment