Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fat Tuesday



Its a Mardi Gras thing. I wanted to give some updates on my spots today. My first stop no one has trashed lately, and the second, there is Blackie, running across the road for me every morning now. Smokey # 1 sadly has not been seen in two weeks at least. At my third spot, there is Poppi, looking very UNpregnant. Seriously, did she have her babies? She was so tiny to begin with, we thought she was not too far along a week or two ago. She is svelte and adorable as always. Along with her, there was another pretty kitty sitting in the distance watching me place food and water down as I have started back to doing since I spotted Poppi a day or two ago after not having seen her in a while. Then, at the next stop, I had to chase away a very fat raccoon, chased him all the way into the back yard and up a tree! No, I didn't go up the tree, he did, but I would have if I could have scared him a long distance away. I am sure he got down within 15 minutes of my leaving. But there were three of my regulars waiting under the porch to gobble up what I did leave for them. At my next stop, there are two beautiful kitties, this is where Benny and Mittens and several others (rescued) have come from - one is white and black with distinctive markings. At my next to last stop (lets see... I now go to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and nine!), either the landlord or property owner of the house has removed all of my bowls. I feed behind the house next door, but this house was condemned due to arson (there is a sign posted for information wanted) but there is no NO TRESPASSING sign, and the porch is in good shape, and easy to use, so I have been using that as a feeding spot. I have to wonder, how can a person see that there are food bowls and water set down and throw them out? Food and water is what is needed to sustain all living creatures. What is wrong with a person who would take that away from someone or something? A monster! I placed more bowls of water and plates of food - screw them! I will note here that there is a very beautiful tabby that now sits there and lets me come right up to him, waiting for food, and he is very sickly. I want to rescue him so bad, but I have NO where left now to keep him, with Buttons and Barney being cared for until they are ready for adoption. I wish someone could step forward, this little guy is suffering. I need to think of a good name for him! I also saw two pregnant cats yesterday. Thank God the weather at least has turned for the good. Anyways, thats my update for the day! (sharing another pic of elk I took in Colorado - such beauty).

1 comment:

  1. What about Barry for a name?
    Then there would be Buttons, Barney and Barry.

    ??

    Alan

    ReplyDelete