Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Small Step at a Time!



This morning at my first spot, where I rescued Fluffy/Dusty/Copper (yes, she has had three names!) recently, and where Spike and Fluffy/Dusty/Copper's relatives and others hang out, Spike let me pet him. This was significant to me, because Spike has been hanging there since there was an abandoned house on that property a year ago, and where I was able to rescue brand new newborn kittens from a mattress inside the house the day before the house was demolished. Spike has had an upper respiratory for a long time now. I know some of you would say I should have tried to trap him, but he was very elusive and I just wasn't able. But he has hung on there for this long, and he finally was trusting enough to let me pet him. Of course, I had no trap or carrier, and he would only allow me to touch him for seconds, but it was something. I haven't seen my Smokey #1 in a long time now at my second spot. I did not see Blackey there this morning either. Nor did I see little Poppi girl at the third spot, where I am trying to eliminate any activity there altogether. She was not at the fourth spot either. She is the one who is pregnant. I bring my carrier each morning in hopes of getting her. Things are quiet in the mornings. There are no blizzards I have to contend with, which was the constant this past winter. Its just rain now that is my enemy. But the sun prevails today, thank God!




I attach another picture from Colorado. Can you imagine waking up to this each morning? By the way, no sign of strays up here! Click on pic for larger view. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment